Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • A hydration pack with an easy access camera pocket. Does it exist?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’m having no joy in finding one. Is it a bit like rocking horse poo?

br
    Free Member

Just attach a camera case to the front straps.

_tom_
    Free Member

I think you can get camera pouches that go onto the chest strap. Not used them myself though and not really sure if that’s what you’re after.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’d rather have it all in one pack, if such a thing exists.

Davesport

I’m not a photographer but have seen this in action. http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/luggage/backpack/cycling-backpacks/product/review-lowepro-photo-sport-200-aw-backpack-12-without-reservoir-45789

Very nice & functional. Camera has a dedicated side zipped pocket that can be accessed without removing the pack.

keyses2

Not an actual camera pocket as such, but the side pockets on my Dakine Nomad will take my Panasonic GF1 with 20mm lense. I can get to it without taking the bag off and as the pocket expands into the main compartment of the bag the camera is safely tucked away.

chakaping
    Free Member

My Dakine Nomad has a hip pocket that you could fit a compact in I reckon.

Try before you buy though, just in case.

Edit: Blimey, you wait ages for a Dakine NOmad owner and then two come along at once.

Northwind

Wingnut would do the job I think? But I’d go with a standalone camera pouch too.

_tom_
    Free Member

You can fit a compact in the nomad side pockets, thats what I did with mine. Though I did end up getting sick of that and just putting it in my shorts pocket after a while.

MussEd
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Camelbak Consiglirie and it has a camera(with double taped waterproof zip)at the top which makes it easy to access. You’ll not get a dSLR in there but it’ll do for a compact…my Canon G12 fits in nicely…

kudos100
    Free Member

Cheers, the nomad seems like it will do the job.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

+1 for Camelbak Consigliere. Custom padded camera pocket on the top of the pack, very easy to get at. Think it’s designed for holding a video camera attached to your helmet cam.

cynic-al
    Free Member

IME they sit too high for me to be able to access any pockets without taking it off.

Pouch on strap FTW.

CraigW
    Free Member

What about a Golite Rush? http://www.golite.com/Rush-P935.aspx
    I’m planning on buying one of those for hill running, but it should also work for mountain biking. It has pockets on the belt, which you should be able to fit a small camera in.

josemctavish
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these for running which has two hip pockets that make a camera easily accessible. Big enough for my Canon G12, to give you an idea of the pocket size.

Inov8 Race Pro 12

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘A hydration pack with an easy access camera pocket. Does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.