Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • A huge asteroid hits the Earth
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1QPtOZQZU[/video]

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuEfmmCA5s[/video]

Edukator
    Free Member

A small object with visible volcanic activity, no.
    Traveling so slowly the shadow it casts can be observed moving, no (the shadow is also in the wrong place in relation to the sun).
    The speed of impact and fire storm are far too slow.
    Despite the size of the object the earths surface is not seen deforming and the volume problems created by the impact of such an object are not simulated. The trajectory of the material ejected is too vertical.
    No building would be left standing anywhere on the planet given the size of the asteroid.

Utter rubbish.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Utter rubbish.

True and to be expected as it was made by the undiscovery channel.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Discovery Channel you say? Telling fibs you say? There’s something familiar about this combination, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

Bedds
    Free Member

Sorry, did I watch something different to you guys?

That was incredible, the image of Big Ben burning was poignant too

mt
    Free Member

Never felt a thing, when was it? I can be a heavy sleeper.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Does this mean I don’t have to go to work today?

marcus
    Free Member

I liked it as a piece of ‘art’.

neilthewheel

Bring it on

Notter
    Free Member

Did they intentionally make it look like the Death Star? That being the case Han and Luke would rescue us surely?

MSP

I would rather be hit by a meteorite than have to listen to that god awful music. Pink floyd really is the most overrated pompous crap.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

is the asteroid on a conveyor belt?

Bedds
    Free Member

MSP – Member

I would rather be hit by a meteorite than have to listen to that god awful music. Pink floyd really is the most overrated pompous crap.

[Like]

;o)

marcus
    Free Member

MSP – Bit like how the human race as a whole is / acts when considering, (or not considering)things around them. On that basis, it fits the images very well ??

MSP

Bit like how the human race as a whole is / acts when considering, (or not considering)things around them. On that basis, it fits the images very well ??

I know you are trying to be all deep and meaningful there, but instead you just failed at English.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why didn’t it land on New York like they always do in the fillums?

marcus
    Free Member

MSP – I passed it second time around though.

GrahamS

Why didn’t it land on New York like they always do in the fillums?

Yeah I was waiting for the final scene to be an Planet of the Apes style shot of Lady Liberty.

Instead we learn that the Romans knew a thing or two about building asteroid proof structures.

fasthaggis

Heads up

richmtb

The Chicxulub asteroid was only 10km across and that wiped out the dinosaurs.

The animation of the 500km asteroid might be a lot of nonsense but the effect looks pretty accurate. All life extinguished, pretty sure the Parthenon would fall over too

GrahamS

The Chicxulub asteroid was only 10km across and that wiped out the dinosaurs*

* Maybe.

andyl
    Free Member

It’s okay, Bruce Willis will save us.

seosamh77
    Free Member

on the flip side

warton
    Free Member

The animation of the 500km asteroid might be a lot of nonsense but the effect looks pretty accurate

Any idiot can see that was a 650b asteroid. It really made the destruction of the earth come alive.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘A huge asteroid hits the Earth’ is closed to new replies.