Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A gift from HMRC
  • Just had £1100 appear in my bank that I wasn’t expecting.

Had £4k in recently from my tax returns as I pay 20% on CIS.

The only SA I’ve completed recently was my wife’s (late) and it told me she owed money, albeit a small amount – she pays her tax at the end of the tax year.

I’m sure there will be a statement when I get home, but until then I’m baffled.

jota180
    Free Member

Apparently – I’ve overpaid by nearly £6K

Just waiting for the cheque before telling the wife 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice! I got £140 from them the other week and this was followed by a detailed statement of why/how the refund was calculated.

jam-bo

they’ll get it back.

maccruiskeen

It is funny how the money just appears in your account and the explanation as to what it is turns up a few days later

I don’t get too excited about it, as its my money in the first place – they’ve been earning interest on it instead of me.

Still, nice when it appears though

somouk
    Free Member

They want £155 from me!! : (

hora
    Free Member

I assume you guys have just heard/received post on this?

theotherjonv

bastards just took an extra £350 this month through my tax code. I changed company car mid last year and due to an admin error the last tax code I got had them both on, hence was deducted taxable benefit on £50K worth of cars and 2 lots of fuel!

I have advised them and they have ‘corrected’ it but then the next tax code has the correct car code on it, but now has an estimated underpayment of tax of about £4000. So I rang to ask why and their answer – because you had two cars from december to mid march!!

I’ve again clearly pointed this out and their response if to wait until my P11D is available and then they’ll review it again. That could be May by the time i get it, and June by the time it’s reviewed and in my tax code in which time I’ll have overpaid £350 a month to them. Then they’ll refund it to me in my tax code over the next 9 months.

Is this incompetence or a way for the tax office to boost government balance sheets? free loans from the people?

TheFlyingOx

Eh? I was on a 182 tax code for 8 months and not heard anything yet. By my calcs, I’ve overpaid by nearly £2k. Do you have to contact them, or is it all automagic?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A gift from HMRC’ is closed to new replies.