Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • A forum for like-minded people?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

The guy in the speed camera thread called STW this, but I reckon he must be thinking of a different website.

I think the reason I like it here is that we're not at all like minded. There's usually an interesting debate/row going on – or at least some idiot spouting nonsense to get me wound up or to take the p*** out of.

But even when I don't agree with what someone else has posted, I often find myself changing my mind after reading.

Feel free to disagree with me though, obviously.

alpin
    Free Member

i couldn't agree more….

hainey
    Free Member

Its a bit like fight club.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is a consensus on here but plenty of people who disagree with that consensus as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    There is a consensus on here

No there isn't.

fisha
    Free Member

read it again, i'm sure you'll change your mind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

No there isn't.

Yes there is.

porterclough
    Free Member

We're all individuals!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

lolcatz say all consensus are wrong

SaxonRider

I'm not.

antigee

not sure if ever changed my mind on a topic but probably got a better understanding of the spread of views and how others percieve some things very differently albeit just a bunch of self selecting valve twiddlers

yesterday i learnt that very important and busy people find me intensely annoying for leaving my supermarket trolley in the aisle while i wander against the flow of humanity to pick up some item i've passed
    i'm pretty sure my behaviour won't change

consensus – no

aracer
    Free Member

this isn't an argument it's just a contradiction

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No it isn't.

antigee

Pantomime – yes!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

not sure if ever changed my mind on a topic … i'm pretty sure my behaviour won't change

I wouldn't engage in argument and debate if I wasn't willing to change my mind

leaving my supermarket trolley in the aisle while i wander against the flow of humanity

I've never noticed any such flow – isn't it completely random? I never go the same way twice

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So if you were accused of rape, you wouldn't argue ?

Or are you saying that you would be prepared to change your mind ? Even though that on the night in question you were watching the X Factor with your nan ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I've just got my hand stuck in a teapot.

antigee

a good point well made – both elegant and logical – made me come over all Saul on the road to Damascus

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

D'you want a tissue for that, antigee?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

The trouble with the internet is that no one ever gets the final word

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

STW in head stuck up it's own arse shocker, you couldn't make it up, maybe it will hit the News Of The World headlines….

I feel better now, thanks for asking 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

No there isn't.

Yes there is.
    No, there is not. Never was, never will be. Unles CFH votes labour.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So if you were accused of rape, you wouldn't argue ?

Or are you saying that you would be prepared to change your mind ? Even though that on the night in question you were watching the X Factor with your nan ?

say WHAT ??

were I to be falsely accused of rape (and bear in mind I usually simplify things by allowing the woman to make the advances), any interrogation would be a matter of flat denial, not debate.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘A forum for like-minded people?’ is closed to new replies.