Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A few days around Swinton
  • Bedds
    Free Member

Morning All,

I’m off to Swinton with work at the beginning of May, is it worth packing a bike (road / mtb) or would my running shoes be a better option?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Clayton Vale Manchester not far at all, Rivvi Pike the same. Peaks/Lee Quarry?

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks Jonny.. I was hoping to not have to spend a lot of time in the car to get places if I’m honest so I ruled the Peaks out (wrongly?).

Hadn’t heard of Clayton Vale before, I may check that out 🙂

Bregante

You’ll practically be in the home of Hit the North / MNPR. Bring lights, beer money and keep your Monday evenings free. Clifton Country Park is on your doorstep and there’s a wealth of Man made and natural stuff around there albeit without any huge amount of elevation.

Edit: have loads of Strava routes around that neck of the woods. Emails in profile

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Clayton Vale is the MTB part of the National Cycling Centre in MAnchester. I don’t go there alone though, too many scroats about for my liking.

If it’s in May i’ll be back on the bike hopefully, if you want someone to show you round.

Also theres Farmer Johns Mountain Bike Park near me in Stockport

terrahawk
    Free Member

Loads of MTB trails and all the other good stuff in the valley between Swinton and Prestwich. Absolutely no need to travel over to Clayton Vale. Unless you really want to that is.

Bedds
    Free Member

Great, thanks for the responses.. just checked the diary and I’m actually going to be there at the start of April, not May 🙄 that could have been embarrassing

Harry_the_Spider

We do MNPR in April too.

Let us know when you are here and we’ll schedule one from Prestwich which is only a couple of miles from Swinton if you go cross country.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A few days around Swinton’ is closed to new replies.