Home Forums Bike Forum A dull video of me riding down a hill slowly

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • A dull video of me riding down a hill slowly
  • Pook
    cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Nice
    :D

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think you ideally need to over the bars on the steps at the end, and then leave the camera rolling as you curse inventively. :-)

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nice, I enjoyed that. Where is it?

yunki
    Free Member

the thread title promised so much.. but then it turned out to be an attractive little vid.. :-)

thepurist

Bah – looks too dusty to be fun. You need some gritty wet slop to ride in.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pook – where is that dh? can you email me please? cruz.heckler@gmail.com

phutphutend

Even though you’re as stiff as a board! it’s a really nicely filmed/edited little video. Makes me want to ride my bike, which is surely the aim of all bike films!

You could perhaps up the tempo of the film a little by reducing the time from when you leave shot until you come back in again. And make sure it’s always consistent.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I blinked several hundred times and still got to see an awful lot of that!

Actually rather enjoyable.

lowey

Very good mate… enjoyed that!

clubber
    Free Member

Not bad – suggestion would be in the editing – the video doesn’t really flow as each shot starts and ends with no movement – eg the bits before you arrive in shot and the bits after you leave it. If you cut them out, it’ll run much more like an action sequence which presumably is what you’re after.

Pook

I’ve never been described as stiff before, but that’s why I’ve done the vid – to improve! Any suggestions or tips as to how to loosen up?

Clubber, phutphut – cheers for suggestions… noted and with more editing time I’ll do just that!

For those wanting to know where, sorry – its not my trail to share on an open forum. It’s some super cheeky but well crafted stuff near me, but I don’t want to piss the builders off by advertising it. I’ll happily show you it one day though.

Tom83

Nice vid! Needs more starwipes! :wink:

chakaping

Very photogenic trails, nice.

You’ll need to chuck in a few more sick whips and flips if you’re going to get VOD on Pinkbike though.

elaineanne
    Free Member

that is a nice little vid :wink: but must go faster ! lol looks very dry- im used to sloppy peat mud rubbish…what happened to the top step in that vid, was it alittle risky you didnt go down it..lol :wink:

DezB
    Free Member

Cool.
    Who’s the music by? ;-)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Terpischore.

Hmm…

Pook

Elaine… the path I was on comes in that way. I’d have had to go all skewiff to get it and couldn’t be arsed!

Tom….one of my other vids has star wipes ;)

Digby

Pook – very nice little video that! Most enjoyable!

Thanks for not broadcasting the location on an open forum – those trails have become a bit controversial recently especially with the increase in use.

In fact they’ve been sabotaged on a couple of occasions of late with bricks, rocks and logs etc placed across the trail so go steady on some of the blind corners.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d heard there where a few trail sabotage instances. oddly enough it seems to have started just after Dirt & thisisheffield did a photo shoot there.

there has also been huge amounts of trail building going on since I first rode down it.

Pook

No worries digby. Cracking stuff by the way – are you involved? What issues are you getting?

senorj

Like.
    where’s it at?

erny
    Free Member

Nice video,enjoyed it :D

sambob
    Free Member

Nice one, looks fun.

Pook

Senor j – cheers, but as you’ll see above its not my place to share! Sorry

Digby

@ Pook – I’m involved in as much as I do the odd bit of trail repair & maintenance [mainly on the lower section], remove glass, rubbish & litter etc from the trail and more recently, clear the bricks, rocks, logs & branches (and once a rusty old lawnmower) that have repeatedly been strategically placed across the trails as obstructions.

I’ve been riding round there for many years and traffic has seemingly significantly increased recently – which is good in many respects as the paths don’t get quite as overgrown! It is cyclical though. I’m not involved in any of the recent major trail building which has taken place on the top section – oddly despite the trail building & tyre ruts etc indicating more traffic I rarely see anyone on a bike.

Main issue recently has been the sabotage, which I first put down to kids mucking about as it was around the start of the holidays, however on one occasion it took me a long time to clear the trail so the effort involved to place all the bricks & branches etc meant someone wasn’t keen on bikes in the area! and a couple of days later I had to clear everything off again!

Had the odd grumble from nearby allotment folk and once had a close call with a skinhead and his staffy down towards the road, but a cheerful & polite hello seem to disperse any confrontation.

Like I said these things are cyclical – and like skate spots if they become ‘blown out’ seemingly the best approach is to move on and ride somewhere else for a while – which I’ll be doing if the sabotage keeps recurring! but would be a shame as it’s part of my regular local loop!

I’m not even sure if the trail(s) classify as ‘cheeky’ since much of it is really post-industrial wasteland (with a couple of obvious exceptions), which is why I was so suprised at the effort someone had gone to to disuade riding round there!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do you get a prize if you guess where it is?

Where do we send our answers on a postcard to?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I think a lot of the problem comes from it being a popular dog walking route and all of a sudden there are a lot more people riding the track and coming into it a lot faster. The damage to the big patch of bluebells near the top after the little drop probably didn’t help either.

Pook

Which little drop? Off the walls?

Pook

Which little drop? Off the walls?

senorj

pook – no worries.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

really enjoyed that mate.

Have to take me out that way next week maybe?????????????

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Dammit, I want to know where these trails are. I’m sure they’re somewhere local to me (knowing where you’re from Pook). It’s a shame that some trails have to be kept a secret because of some folk not agreeing with these new-fangled tubes of metal with wheels on…

Lovely vid.

gordy2
    Free Member

Nice Vid Pook.

If you are up Guiseley way again let me know and we can arrange a little trip up on’t moor now I’m back riding after damaging a couple of ribs.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Pook, there was a little (about a foot) drop just after you turn in right off the main track right near the top. Haven’t been up there for a while though so it might have changed. Just after that there was a large patch of bluebells that had been mostly chewed up.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

I think it definitely needs a bit of Rammstein to rad it up.
    Nice vid. :D

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Ah-ha! Good vid, I recognise the track! ;-)

I’ve also found the middle section (between the road and the small boardwalk section) of that track pretty well blocked with bricks, logs, concrete and sprinkled with glass a few months back. I cleared it all up and it was blocked again the following week, so cleared it all again.

Not seen anything since and it’s a regular ride for me (has been since about ’94!), especially on night rides so will need to remember to keep ’em peeled as the nights draw in!

Keep ’em peeled!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Like.
    where’s it at too?

Pook

Cheers Buzz- but re: location it’s a bit ‘sensitive’ so would prefer not to advertise; Digby explains quite well up there ^^

:D

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘A dull video of me riding down a hill slowly’ is closed to new replies.