Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 90 day consulation
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I am so f***ed off, there is still three weeks to go, nothing has changed since day one. I just wish they would come out and say what is happening, talk about living dead.

I know there are various legal reasons, but 90days! i come to work thinking what is the point, go home thinking the same. No idea of what will be happening, and even at the end of the 90 day period i may not get notice until september or october, so another 6-7 months of limbo land.

If it wasn’t for the redundancy payout i would look for a new job.

I just want a f***ing answer and to be able to move on.

hora
    Free Member

Our place they used to fire people on the spot so you never knew. Friends place they sent round an email with ‘this weeks leavers’ (in some cases the leavers found out whilst sat at their PC’s’. With no disrespect intended or hopefully received I think 90days in ample time to allow you to reassess and give enough warning considering what some companies do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is not nice for sure but is way better than the alternatives as mentioned by Hora

fennesz
    Free Member

I had similar, but only 30 days. Consultation started in Feb, knew the score in March, left the building in June! We did get an additional ‘finishing’ bonus, to help us finish the project, plus 1 months gardening leave.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I win. I got 7 days and 2 hours for the appeal!

mrmo
    Free Member

Hora, 90 is plenty of time, that is the problem. It is too much time!!!!! 30days would have been better, at least it is over fairly quickly but you have enough time to start looking for options.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Just finished my consultation period so officially under notice of reduncancy. Fortunately that is 90 days.

Think I win. Previous job, company was put into receivership. Was informed by phone – no notice period, no redundancy, nothing, just end of. At least they did actually cough up that month’s pay

chakaping
    Free Member

Look for a job now.

If potential employer wants you they’ll wait.

Also, you should be able to negotiate your exit with payoff at any point after you are given notice.

hora
    Free Member

mrmo, actually a very good point- like a slow trickling death 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

chapaking, unofficially i have been told i have a job until december, unofficially as they can’t confirm until the end of the consultation. So another three weeks before i am told when i am to go. But it could be that i am given three months notice in 3 weeks, or i could be given 3 months notice in December and put on gardening leave( just to make sure i stay till the end) rumour has it that they want people to stay to the very end and will do what they can to ensure that happens.

I just wish i knew something certain!

veedubba

We had our 90 days start on 1st December and got very little information until 3 days before the 90th day, when we were told the place is shutting. I agree that communication in these situations seems to be severely lacking. I only have a month’s notice, and not been with the company very long so my redundancy isn’t great, but I treated the 90 days as if we were closing (lucky…). Still no firm job to go to though.

Anyone need a Quality Engineer?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘90 day consulation’ is closed to new replies.