Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • 853 Is it really better?
  • toys19
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

I'll EPIC FAIL whoever I like, particularly those who claim to disprove Young's modulus!*

*I am aware this doesn't really make sense.

Don't worry we got the gist..

djcombes
    Free Member

Missed the comment by cy.

I think that some of the engineers are making the point that a difference in feel between frames is down to a change in the design, enabled by different material properties, rather than some feel of the material itself.

We all agree: there's shouldn't be any need for anyone to argue over this.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

djcombes

We all agree: there's shouldn't be any need for anyone to argue over this

you appear to have forgotten what site you're on. check the URL *slowly* and then rejoin the group… 😀 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toys19
    Free Member

I think that some of the engineers are making the point that a difference in feel between frames is down to a change in the design, enabled by different material properties, rather than some feel of the material itself.

Bingo

IdleJon

Andy – Member

clubber – Member
    As one of the relatively few people to have actually owned and ridden a purple bike, I can categorically state that it's better

But did you ride it back to back with a blue bike? No….I thought not.

I on the other hand had a Purple kona (eggplant actually if you want to split hairs) at the same time as a Blue kona. Can you guess which was better?

I had a purple Tange Prestige frame, which was immensely springy, and eventually broke.

Ridden back to back – at a distance of 13 years – my current white 853 frame is much stiffer, far less springy and definitely not broken.

All components are exactly the same, except where they aren't.

I like white ( At the moment, because it's clean.)
    Egplant on the other hand is a pointless food.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bingo

it doesn't take an engineer or frame designer to work out that tubing dimensions of a frame can change if the material properties allow it.
    tubing O/D specs are freely available on the internet along with the butting specs. it's not rocket science just tubes thicker at the ends and thinner in the middle joined together.

soobalias
    Free Member

pffft, eggplant is not a good purple for riding, far to dark and infected with the dullness of blue.

clubber
    Free Member

Imperial purple is the only shade of purple to have.

IdleJon

^^^^^^^ That's definitely blue.

Not remotely purple.

Therefore not as good, by definition.

(It also seems to be a midget's bike?)

Macavity
    Free Member

Second Moment of Inertia

clubber
    Free Member

Definitely purple and I'm the tallest midget you'll ever meet 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘853 Is it really better?’ is closed to new replies.