Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 661 subgear sizing help
  • mrlard
    Free Member

right i am by no means the quickest down the hill but with the amount of time i seem to spend falling off i thought it might be wise to look into getting a little bit of padding to take the edge off the knocks my riding is xc and trail center based.

I was looking into getting the myself the above but just wondering what sizes youy guys have gone for and how you rate this kit.

I am 5’11 and can’t make my mind up on medium or large

also looking into knee/shin protection again what size do you guys recommend? medium?

goog
    Free Member

go large

hilldodger
    Free Member

The fit is meant to be ‘sausage skin’ to keep the armour in place,
    I find L was good for me (105cm chest, 80cm waist).
    But I reckon if you need to buy to fit your :ahem: mid-section rather than your chest you’ll find the shoulder pads are in the wrong place and a bit loose.
    I’m well pleased with mine (not yet crash tested), the padding is thicker than I expected and the shoulder/elbow cups quite rigid, also good for impromptu ‘Tron’ impersonations 😉
    Cools me well, in fact first time I wore it thinking it was a ‘base layer’ I was bl**dy freezing so don’t reckon you’ll overheat…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10 but not muscley – I have medium.

It isn’t super tight, just fitted.

I think a large would be too much. Small might be too narrow to get over my forearms.

Wicks ok but not as good as Lifa – was thinking about trying to hack together a Lifa version with the pads from the subgear.

I cut the front sternum panal off as well as that gets you hot and not sure I would use it with an XC type fall.

Have used the pads a few times, they work well.

Underhill
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” & 40″ chest, have a large pressure suit & it’s way too big. Would recommend a medium if the sizings correlate

Trimix
    Free Member

Look on Chain Reaction – there is a 661 size guide when you check any of the 661 products.

But dont forget, if you buy it from CRC and it dosent fit you can send it back.

mrlard
    Free Member

guys thanks for your replys out of interest how do you rate the effectiveness of the padding for taking the edge off of bumps?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it’s good – smacked my forearm on a tree and shoulders against rocks and stuff, disperse the impact well.

Not so sure about the sternum padding – whcih is why I unstictched it and took it out as this is the bit that gets you hottest.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘661 subgear sizing help’ is closed to new replies.