Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 661 subgear?? alternatives?
  • clancol
    Free Member

Got me a 661 subgear armour top, REALLY like it, perfect for xc without being an over the top DH stylei.
    Shame it’s just fallen to bits on me after 2 rides, (stiching around the waist and front pads)
    Have i just been unlucky?
    Should get it replaced and try again or is there anything else on the market thats better. (cost is important £40)

D

orena45

Send/take it back, any bit of clothing should last more than 2 rides.
    Been looking at these myself for DH riding so would be interested to hear what you get back.

Northwind

The closest alternative I’ve seen is open-mesh motorbike armour… But not really the same thing.

661 stuff’s usually sensibly durable, if I were you I’d get a replacement and try again.

jg911
    Free Member

I’ve had the short sleeve version for a few weeks now and it’s great. You really notice the wicking effect when stopped and I hardly notice the padding when riding. If mine broke, I’d definitely buy another.

Phil

clancol
    Free Member

jg911, Mine in the ss version as well.

what is your stiching around the wasit like?

also what colour is yours black or grey??

D

jg911
    Free Member

Clancol – Mine is the grey one, didn’t know there was a black version. The stitching is normal stitching… nothing fancy and its intact. I’ve washed the top after every ride so far and its as goos new.

Phil

clancol
    Free Member

right oh, thanks phil.

I”ll send it back to crc and see what the replacment is like.

D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘661 subgear?? alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.