Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 606 Robbie Savage
  • Pigface
    Free Member

He is good value on the phone in and gets loads of abuse, stands his ground well. Some footy fans are a bit thick 😉

SBrock
    Free Member

It’s a case of either you love him or hate him! Personally I like him cos he admitted he was a bit of cock driving through a city centre in his Lamborghini with beached permed hair!

I’m a Leicester City fan and he was a legend at Filbert St

donsimon
    Free Member

Wrexham lad, can’t really fault him, can you?

theotherjonv

I thought he was great on Strictly as well; he freely admitted he wasn’t a particularly good player and as a result he usually was given the task to stifle / nullify whoever the opposition had that would cause them problems, hence was almost universally hated by opposition fans. And that seemed to hurt him more than he let on as a player.

Then he went and f’ed it up again on 606 a few weeks back. Reading were beating Wet Sham 2-0 with a couple of minutes to go and WHU down to ten men. One of the Reading players had the ball on the touchline, no-one went to close him down so he stopped playing and adjusted his sock, taking the piss. Jack Collison then flew at him with a forearm across the face and studs up about knee height. Instant red card. According to Robbie the Reading player got what he deserved for taking the piss out of a fellow pro. Which is where he lost respect again from me, taking the piss is unprofessional but to say he then deserved a potential broken leg for it was stupid.

donsimon
    Free Member

Which is where he lost respect again from me, taking the piss is unprofessional but to say he then deserved a potential broken leg for it was stupid.

I assume the leg wasn’t broken and that Savage would have reacted differently if said leg had been broken. Do you often get affronted by things that might have happened, but didn’t?

scaredypants

I like RS on the radio – though never did much when he was playing (I know he prob still is 😐 )

Don S – no point moaning about a break if you condone 9 other similarly dangerous tackles that don’t cause one

donsimon
    Free Member

Don S – no point moaning about a break if you condone 9 other similarly dangerous tackles that don’t cause one

Fine, I’ll just go and have a rant about the car that overtook me and could have hit me, he didn’t but he could have….. 🙄

ollie
    Free Member

I grew up with robbie in Bradley wrexham, He was ok, bit of a nob but not to bad.

theotherjonv

So by that token if a bloke takes a gun into the High Street but turns out to be a shit shot and hence misses everyone, that’s OK too?

donsimon
    Free Member

yes.

RustySpanner

Can’t stand the bloke.

A man best known for being a childish, dishonest cheat throughout his playing career – the fact he tried to rehabilitate himself on ‘Strictly’ just means I dislike him more than I did originally.

Pigface
    Free Member

I remember the incident about the player taking the piss and what Savage said and I can understand that as a pro there are some things you just dont do or you will get clattered, same reason that Austin Healey always got a shoeing in a ruck (sometimes from his own side 😆 ) for being a chopsy git. Very few if any here have been pro sportsmen at that level so I think Savages opinion carries a bit more weight.

bloodynora
    Free Member

And he’s from Wrexham

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Agreed. Though, for me, he’ll never reach the heights of his second half commentary of NZ – Italy at the world cup.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘606 Robbie Savage’ is closed to new replies.