Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 871 total)
  • 6 Nations
  • anagallis_arvensis

So england have added 28 times capped new zealand league player to elite squad. Hope he does better than that Paul fella.

backhander
    Free Member

Hows the gay squad coming on?

DezB
    Free Member

Hope he does better than that Paul fella.

Plays for Leeds now doesn't he? 2 knock-ons in the highlights 🙁

Didn't think Hape looked anywhere near as good as he did in league, bits I've seen of him.

anagallis_arvensis

Going to be one hell of a dull game between england and wales at HQ unless the coaches have a change of heart which is unlikely

backhander
    Free Member

Wales v England is rarely dull because the welsh hate us so much.
    Scotland also hate us but don't have the skill to make a game of it normally. Either that or the Welsh are getting more protein in their diet 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Wales could be

Jenkins
    Rees
    Jones
    AW Jones
    AN Other
    Ryan Jones
    Williams
    Powell
    Peel
    S Jones
    S Williams
    Hook
    Roberts
    1/2p
    Byrne

what sort of team would we expect england to put out? Cant see their front row matching up to the Welsh. Backrow is a worry for Wales and the backs played like drains in the autumn

backhander
    Free Member

Annoyed that Geraghty (sp) isn't in and Hodgson is.
    Our pack is inexperienced and lacks aggression which is where we'll be beaten. I'd like to see shaw and grewcock in. We don't have a "proper" fullback and have been lacking creativity in the centre.
    On the plus side, JW is playing well!

anagallis_arvensis

Armitage seems like a proper fullback to me.

backhander
    Free Member

Lacks courage IMO.

anagallis_arvensis

bit harsh IMO and 15 is the least of englands worries.

backhander
    Free Member

Fair IMO. I preferred Cueto at 15, at least he can tackle and doesn't sh1t himself and pull back going into contact.
    10 is currently the least of englands worries, like it or not.
    Wanna make a swap, Armitage for Byrne?

backhander
    Free Member

double post

anagallis_arvensis

I'd swap my left testicle for a fit Gavin Henson 😆

backhander
    Free Member

I'd swap a left testicle for a fit Mrs Henson 😀

nickhart
    Free Member

england wales is on at the cinema's, live and in 3d, gareth thomas bearing down on you in massive full cinema screen three d doesn't bear thinking about.

anagallis_arvensis

somehow I doubt very much doubt big gay Alfie will be playing

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

backhander – Member

Scotland also hate us but don't have the skill to make a game of it normally

Have a look at the record – its pretty even the last few years at the Calcutta cup and this year will go Scotland's way again.

My bet –
    no grandslam.

France / ireland fighting for the championship and England / Italy for the wooden spoon. walse and Scotland in the middle.

Its a weak uninspired and uninspiring England team who got taken apart in the AIs compared to a strong and committed if limited Scotland team who beat Aus in the AIs

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Does anyone have a spare stand off that Scotland could borrow? One that can both pass and kick would be nice.

we can give you a scrum half in exchange – we have plenty of them or a back row – we have plenty of them as well.

backhander
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    That's brilliant.
    You've definately been on the Brandy.
    Wooden spoon for the jocks as usual.

we can give you a scrum half in exchange – we have plenty of them or a back row – we have plenty of them as well

But none are any good.
    EDIT; you can have Goode for free. Give him scot citizenship PLEASE.

DezB
    Free Member

Ditto backhander

anagallis_arvensis

actually I think the jocks look quite strong. France are quality, Ireland are good and the rest are shite

backhander
    Free Member

Hang on a lucky result in dire conditions against austrailia B does not make a good team.

anagallis_arvensis

wales could be OK if they had a decent backs coach and the balls to pick Hook at 12. Shanklin and Roberts in the centre just doesnt work.

alpin
    Free Member

is there anywhere online that the 6nations can be viewed….?

anagallis_arvensis

presuming you are outside UK (if not check the beeb) try here
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=rugby

backhander
    Free Member

I may get flamed for this but it is my opinion.
    Wales and Ireland could struggle in a couple of years due to the fact that they're not fielding many young players. BOD etc aren't getting any younger and I've seen Bowe and a new 10 and that's it. Wales may struggle even more, they're resorting to peel, williams etc (who are great players) but they need to get some youth blooded and integrated ASAP. It takes a while. This 6N, I reckon Ireland and Wales up top, England/France middle, Scot/Italy trailing as usual.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

alpin – justin tv has the games pirated usually and there are other places as well – usually links off rugby fora.

Backhander – – we don't want Goode thanks – we have our own players of that type. Unless you want to swap him for desparate Dan.

You really feel confident of winning at Murrayfield? you are a brave man. Its a while since England managed that. 2004 IIRC.

anagallis_arvensis

Peel is 28 and Phillips 27 and wales have given caps to both Tom James and Leigh Halfpenny on the wings, if your talking about Shane Williams and Sam Warberton and Tom Lydiate if you are talking about Martyn Williams all of these players are very young and very promising. In fact the welsh team is significantly younger with more promising young players around the squad in comparison to England.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

You guys got a stand off we can have? – pleeeeeeeeeeeze. Wales normally have some spare ones they don't need.

Its the one place that scotland look really short of players.

Our front row will mash all comers. Some true world class players who are also useful around the field not just in the set pieces. Some very skillfull and quick forwards in the rest of the pack as well.

Some good backs and a reliable kicker – the best in the world ATM.

A choice of world class scrum halves. We just need a stand off to be a decent team again.

backhander
    Free Member

I'm sure they are great players mate but Warberton ahs played part of 2 games and has Lydiate played any at all for wales? Which is my point. I'm not suggesting that Wales have no youth players but that they're maybe not getting game time early enough.
    Put the Brandy down TJ. Its not clever and its not hard.

anagallis_arvensis

at 10 wales like many positions really are weak outside the first choice.
    I suppose you could have Nicky Robinson, good season with Cardiff last year and doing well for Glos at the moment. GatWards seem to have decided Wales dont need him even if it means playing Dan Biggar if Jones gets crocked. Hook hasnt played 10 this season I dont think.

anagallis_arvensis

backhanders step away from the glasshouse.

Shaw
    Vickery
    Grewcock
    Borthwick
    That hooker Thomas is it
    Wilkinson
    Tindall
    Cueto
    Moody
    Ben Kay
    Julian White
    Lea Mears
    Chuter

backhander
    Free Member

Steffon Armitage
    Tom Croft
    Dylan Hartley
    James Haskell
    Courtney Lawes
    Delon Armitage
    Matt Banahan
    Danny Care
    Toby Flood
    Ben Foden
    Mathew Tait
    All 25 or under (I think)

Jenkins
    Rees
    Jones
    AW Jones
    AN Other
    Ryan Jones
    Williams
    Powell
    Peel
    S Jones
    S Williams
    Hook
    Roberts
    1/2p
    Byrne

??

TimP
    Free Member

Vickery – out
    Grewcock – out
    Tindall – out
    Kay – out
    Chuter – out

as of today's Elite Squad

IdleJon

at 10 wales like many positions really are weak outside the first choice.
    I suppose you could have Nicky Robinson, good season with Cardiff last year and doing well for Glos at the moment. GatWards seem to have decided Wales dont need him even if it means playing Dan Biggar if Jones gets crocked. Hook hasnt played 10 this season I dont think.

If by weak you mean that they've got 4 first class players, albeit one that's not currently playing at 10, and one 'confidence' player, then I love being weak.

anagallis_arvensis

vickery and Tindall are only out as they are injured.

backhander
    Free Member

I'm hoping for a No8 injury so that dan ward-smith gets a call up. It's about bloody time.

anagallis_arvensis

Steffon Armitage
    Tom Croft
    Dylan Hartley
    James Haskell
    Courtney Lawes
    Delon Armitage
    Matt Banahan
    Danny Care
    Toby Flood
    Ben Foden
    Mathew Tait

1 Shit
    2. Good, very good not often picked.
    3. Brainless gouging kiwi ****
    4. As 3 less the kiwi gouger bit
    5. Has he played for england
    6 you dont rate him (i thinks he's very good)
    7. Crap
    8. Not as good as he thinks he is
    9. Never played that well for england
    10. Hardly ever picked
    11. Hardley ever picked

backhander
    Free Member

WTF? relevance??
    I'm looking at the age of these blokes.
    BTW you're wrong on at least 6 counts.
    For brainless see Andy Powell.

anagallis_arvensis

to compare:

Alun-Wyn Jones, test lion and half the age of englands second rows lots of experience and still very young. Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins vastly experienced test Lions and both still half the age of englands Vickery and White brigade and are in there prime now after being figures of fun previously. Hook and Roberts both Lions and both well under 25. 1/2penny…. need I say more he looks about 12. Tom James has played a good few games for Wales, Biggar has caps and has only just turned 20.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 871 total)

The topic ‘6 Nations’ is closed to new replies.