Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • £500 (ish) to spend on a hard tail
  • staralfur
    Free Member

Afternoon folks

Ideally i’d like to pick one up from a shop for a bit of warranty and what not, any tips of something decent enough for that cash? I tend to ride dh more than anything so it’ll just be used for some gentle enough singletrack.

Thanks

highclimber
    Free Member

you’d be better to build one up with second hand parts with that budget. spend a fair whack on the frame and forks and get some cheapish components. much more satisfying than spending your money in a shop!

ona29er
    Free Member

Look at teh Trek – Fisher Mamba 29er. Top value and will do most things. Evans have them at a good price. I have a 2010 model and it does everything. Even took it down Golspie Wildcat last night!

z1ppy

Value wise the 120mm Carrera Fury (09) might be best as most £500 bike, as the similarly priced (& decent spec) Rockride 8.1 is running 100mm forks..

Other options:
    http://paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p0

Though none of these are what I’d class as DH/AM orientated bikes, just XC stuff, so as above buying it in bits (2nd hand) would maybe you best bet.. Something like a 2nd hand On One 456 might be a good place to start..

mboy
    Free Member

Kona Blink from Merlin seems about the best value for money right now, as long as you need a 14, 16 or 19 inch frame as that’s all they’ve got left.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

I don’t think the OP’s looking for a DH bike – I think he meant he mostly rides his DH bike and wants something for xc.

My wife’s just bought a 2009 Kona Caldera from Paul’s. It’s very nice (I’m quite jealous) – possibly another one to add to your list (they’ve only got 18″ frames).

Like people have said, you may well do even better with secondhand bits if you can be arsed to source them all.

staralfur
    Free Member

Sorry guys, i’ve been a bit vague. I motly ride downhill, on my dh bike. I’m not after a hardtail for that. Ideally it would be something with 120mm travel, some good suggestions so far folks, thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘£500 (ish) to spend on a hard tail’ is closed to new replies.