Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 5-spot 2012 demo bikes?
  • jsm

Anyone seen any demo 5-spot 2012 bikes? If so, where has any?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ask Silverfish. Although good luck getting a straight answer.

jsm

no answer so far 🙁

makkag
    Free Member

My Lbs has been trying for ages for me to no reply .. I brought a second hand Mint Horst link frame in the end & will wait till next years close outs !

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hey Gents

Who are you emailing / asking for the demos? I ask because I get all of the richie@, sales@ and info@ emails in Silverfish and haven’t seen anything??

Makkag – What LBS are you using to attempt a test ride through? The reason they would be struggling (and I really would’ve hoped they could have passed this onto you rather than me do it on a forum) is that we are still awaiting our 2012 stock to arrive from Turner. We have, very recently, secured a couple of frames that are now built up for use as demo bikes but until just a few weeks ago this wasnt the case and we certainly havent had any through for dealers to build their own demos yet.

We attend a pretty large amount of demo events throughout the summer, all of which are listed here on our website:

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/try_out_and_demo_days_diary.php

If your local store is an Authorised Dealer of Turner then they can request a bike for your use above and beyond these events, however please bear in mind that as the bikes are all required at these events you will have to ensure that your ‘ideal’ date does not clash with anything we’re already commited to.

Hope that helps guys.

Richie

p.s – straight enough answer for you Chunky 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Ritchie, I’ve had a couple of mails from raul. Could you confirm that this

In fact, if someone wants a 2012 142x12mm rear end on a 2009 model they can certainly buy it and we’ll make it as cost effective as possible.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/interview-david-turner-of-turner-bicycles-31298/

Is still true? I will be pretty pissed off with turner if he’s changed his mind. Also, what’s the RRP on the 12 frames?

organic355
    Free Member

theres a demo weekend at Laggan 28th/29th April which I am hoping to get to.

jsm

Richie, thanks for the reply.

makkag
    Free Member

Richie – thanks for the update Clearly their issue rather than yours, I will take it up with them, when i go in on friday, appoligies you had to answer questions on here..

Wrecker 2.2k i was told

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker 2.2k i was told

Funny, the US RRP hasn’t increased at all ($2495)……….. 😐
    If I get another Turner, it won’t be bought here.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I’m not sure why they mark them up so high. A few years ago when I asked them (Silverfish) about a Raw 5 Spot they tried to charge extra for it! As if it was custom colour! They were going to charge for the front end being raw and the rear end being raw. I emailed Jarret at Turner and he was not impressed.

I still have the emails.

I like the 2012 features so will wait when they are 50% cheaper…. Or go direct.

khani
    Free Member

I bought the last pre dw large 5spot raw front end direct from turner a few years ago and Greg knocked some money off cos he didn’t have to get it painted, suuuuuper! 8) charging extra is taking the piss imo

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Guys – We’re not money grabbing thugs out to rob every penny we can out of the innocent cyclist.

The reason for the difference in pricing of 2012 between the UK and US is due to Kashima shocks. We offer Kashima as standard here in the UK, in the US you pay extra for it.
    That’s all. No evil master plan.

Chunky – we charge extra for options we get charged extra for. End of. If you really do have emails from Jarrat suggesting otherwise I’d be REALLY interested to see them, as, I’m sure would Dave Turner.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘5-spot 2012 demo bikes?’ is closed to new replies.