Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 5 Sizing
  • Stu661
    Free Member

Hi all

Thinking about getting a Orange Five and was wondering what size people on here ride? I’m 5’9″.

I will be getting a demo of a 18″ but was thinking about trying a 16″, I don’t like bike’s with a long top tube and after sitting on the 18″ in the shop it feels a bit long.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m a short arse at 5’6 & a 1/4″. Mines a 16″, it’s spot on for me (it must be cos my mate says it ‘looks right’ with me on it) Think I demo’d the 16″ anyway. How about a 16″ with a bit of layback on the seatpost &/or a slightly longer stem? I’ve a straight seatpost & have no trouble with steering or traction on climbs. It’s awesome.

soulrider
    Free Member

Am 6′ and the 18″ fits me spot on!
    at your height I would go with the 16″

mikertroid
    Free Member

Am 5’9″ and I ride an 18. Purrrrfect!

coatesy
    Free Member

Got a mate who’s about your height and riding an 18″, he swears it’s perfect, but looks really awkward and overstretched riding it(he’s also complaining of an aching back whenever he rides now).I’d try a 16″ if you can, reckon it’d be far more suitable for you.

pennine
    Free Member

Am 6′ and ride an 18″

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m 5 foot 10 and a bit (don’t forget the bit) and I used to have an 18 incher but would defo go for a 16 now.

stevede
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and ride an 18″ which fits me perfectly. I also have a 50mm stem though as its a more dh orientated build.
    Depends on how you measure up, just because your the same height as someone else it doesn’t mean you have the same arm and leg measurements etc. The only way you’ll know is by trying both for size. It’s a bit pointless asking other people on sizing IMO.

Stu661
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies; I will differently try the 16″ after the comments above.

The guy in the shop was also saying I might be able to get a 17″ but that depends on a minimum of 50 people ordering the same size due to the price of setting the jig up etc.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I am 5’10 on an 18 inch frame, inline post and 70mm stem. I have a longer body than legs and still feels a litle roomy, but traded chuckability for stability!

carbon337
    Free Member

5’10” and an 18″ 70mm stem and inline post – same as calamity above but running 160mm forks.

Fine for me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

5 9 and a bit as these are important and 18″ suits me but these thinsg are personal preference suspect you will be ok with either so you choose
    I ilike bigger FS frames – seem more planted-but ride a 16″ hardtail.
    Your choice basically

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘5 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.