Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 5 punctures at once?!
  • arfur
    Free Member

Bouncing down the black descent at kielder on saturday on my orange5, was stopped by that terrible hisssssing, soon discovered i had a front snakebite, a rear snakebite plus another hole in the rear.
    This is a first for me. Is this common? Anyone beat this?
    Was running Continental Mountain King 2.2s at a fairly high pressure.
    Luckily had plenty of patches and a spare tube, but was eaten alive by midges while fixing.

grumm
    Free Member

Mate of mine had the UST versions of those and got a burp that he couldn't reinflate, put a tube in and managed to pinch it putting the tyre on, put another tube in and got another puncture 100 yards down the trail. 😆

2hottie
    Free Member

I had 7 in the rear tyre in one go. Had a snakebite but by the time I had stopped the inner tube was ****!

singletracksurfer

Lucky 13! Bloody hawthorn hedge had been cut and distributed generously on a downhill section.

Another time a barbed wire fence was hidden on the ground – made a mess of both tyres, tubes and me. Much more effective than disc brakes.

glenh
    Free Member

mike_p
    Free Member

I've simultaneously had 4 in the front and 2 in the back

Ooh-er

nuke

Few monthes ago on a mid-afternoon ride I came across a farmer cutting hedges next to the trail, I thought it would probably be risky to ride the section of about half a mile but decided to risk it: bad move…managed to clear the section and thought I'd got away with it but a further half mile up the trail the softening began. Only had one spare inner tube so that took care of replacing the rear tube with 6 punctures. Set about fixing the inner tube on the front but ran out of Super Patches. 5 mile walk home…pitch dark for the last mile and, without lights, had to use the torch on my phone.

DezB
    Free Member

2 front, 3 back. 1 ride on extremely ungnarly terrain. Bonty Tubeless ACX Tubeless Ready: Never again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘5 punctures at once?!’ is closed to new replies.