Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 46 Bottles of Vodka
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

One for the Scots – Who's ahead, lagging or on target for hitting the years target? 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I wonder why they didnt use "whiskey" instead of vodka?

Too painfully close to the truth? 😉

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Man, I've got 12 left to go and its only January!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Smee
    Free Member

Works out to be roughly 10 pints/wk.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I'm surprised it's as low as 46 bottles! Thankfully I'm way below this average which obviously means someone is way above this average.

Are we the biggest drinking country in the World?

BigJohn

I don't think Scots drink a lot of whiskey.

Whisky, on the other hand…

Stoner
    Free Member

It equates to only 3 bottles of wine a week.

All those scottish puritans bringing the average down then 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

BJ – good point – I always forget who spells it wrong.

Since im not a whisk(e)y drinker…

iDave
    Free Member

have they factored out the contribution by sassenachs sipping G&T when they're in Edinburgh or Peebles on dirty weekends?

bakey

Doesn't 46 bottles per year work out at about 23 units per week? Marginally just above the governments guideline for safe adult male consumption…

Stoner
    Free Member

unfortunately stats like this are about as useful as the kind of crap you get on beauty moisturiser ads.

What would be far more useful would be, for example the modal and mean consumption per week of all those that do drink. Possibly also the mean and modal amount drunk at each session too.

This would give a better comparative picture of the culture of consumption in a particular area. Unfortunately that kind of data is more expensive to collate than simply divide some customs and excise figures on duty from sales by the population number to grab a headline.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

The 46 bottles of vodka is an extract. Its 46 bottles of Vodka, 26 bottles of whisky; 130 bottles of wine and three swimming pools of lager. 🙂

Only kidding obviously. Its more skewed reporting to make us all look like jakeys up here. I don't think that Scotland has any more of a problem than the rest of the UK with drink. Fags and chips are a different matter and probably a bigger problem.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it still the case that Scotland has one of the highest per capita rates of teetotallers? If so, the rest of them are really making up the numbers!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Its more skewed reporting to make us all look like jakeys up here. I don't think that Scotland has any more of a problem than the rest of the UK with drink

Isn't denial one of the primary symptoms shown by alcoholics? 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Isn't denial one of the primary symptoms shown by alcoholics?

yep

That and an ability to either drink loads or not at all

Scotland has one of the highest per capita rates of teetotallers? If so, the rest of them are really making up the numbers!

Dread to think what mines like, I bought 9 bottles of wine, a crate of beer, and a bottle of gin the other day, with no intention of shareing them! (but it should last me a few months)

alpin
    Free Member

i heard the "46 bottles of vodka" thing on the radio and laughed.

piss'eds

robgarrioch

Happily not even on the radar of this statistic myself; I reckon it includes people IN Scotland (i.e. visitors, eg. at Hogmanay) to put a skew on the truth.
    The recent findings on Buckfast aren't helping our healthy, friendly image either!

GrahamS

Just as well Buckfast will be completely unaffected by the proposed minimum pricing on alcohol.

Because everyone knows the real trouble on the streets is caused by middle-classes enjoying a bottle of Merlot with dinner 🙄

algarvebairn
    Free Member

There's a program on telly tonight about Buckfast. Could make interesting / cringey viewing.

glenncampbell

46 bottles isn't too much really – roughly 4 wee nips a night, and three bottles of wine a week would just cover my cooking ration, never mind having a glass with dinner! It's also limited statistics – I do think that buckfast, chips, fags, the SNP and deep fried mars bars are more of a problem as mentioned above 🙂

glenncampbell

and the daily mash has an even more amusing slant on the story 🙂

Scotland Wakes Up Covered In Piss Again

Northwind

"I don't think Scots drink a lot of whiskey."

I do.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘46 Bottles of Vodka’ is closed to new replies.