Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • 4 mountain bikes stolen from my Garage last night.
  • nigelsnape
    Free Member

Please be on the look out for an orange yeti 575 , A grey Orange 5, A white Trek fuel and a Black/red carbon giant Anthem . All stolen from my garage last night in romiley Stockport.
    Absolutely gutted.Probably being sold today for a bag of drugs

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

More like probably being split and sold on eBay or Gumtree by now….

unklehomered
    Free Member

dude… symapthies.

liquid
    Free Member

Sympathies are with you Nigel – Had my Santa Cruz Superlight (black & size medium)on Tuesday in Kendal – outside my house and under my bedroom window! Still no idea how the alarm didn’t go off or how I didn’t hear them. The police said thieves are targeting expensive bikes and breaking them for sale on-line. SCROATS!

Bregante

Nigel, get some pics up here and keep an eye out on eBay, gumtree and loot etc. don’t give up hope. Just a few weeks back I got two bikes back for someone that were stolen in a break in Reddish at Christmas.

uphilla
    Free Member

My son had four bikes stolen from inside his house, second time – so not a opportunist theft . Nothing turned up first time despite bikes being very distinctive.
    This time one complete bike turned up on Pinkbike – guy had bought from a car boot, so not always being broken.
    He had good insurance, fortunatley

nigelsnape
    Free Member

Cheers Bregante, I’ll get some photos on here later when i,ve calmed down.

nigelsnape
    Free Member

Two of the stolen bikes in Stockport area.

nwill1
    Free Member

Condolences, that yeti is certainly a unique colourway. Will keep an eye out on the web been looking for a Five frame so if I see anything I’ll get in touch. Again the orange with the gold stickers seems fairly unique.

singletrackmind

when your replacement bikes arrive you might want to colour the parts.
    get a rattle can in a distinct or unusual colour from a motor factors.
    mask off say the first 3/4 of the inside of the seat post with a roll of newspaper. Spray some ‘Rosso red’ down there , let is dry and remove the masking paper.
    Do the same with the bars , fork steerer , frame, crank axle, wheel hubs , stem etc. Brakes are harder as no hidden areas.

A theiving git wont know unless he shine a decent torch down your seatpost that it is colour coded. All you need to do is keep the rattle can and spray some onto some random bits of metal.

Mechs , brakes and pedals impossible to mark without being obvious, pretty much everything else can be marked discreetly. If you see any bits on Ebay at least you can ‘win’ them and identify them as uniquely yours . You could even photo the parts next to the rattle can if you want.

That Yeti looks a cracking bike with the CB wheelset . I cannot imagine how guttted you must be , and would probably endorse my drastic penis shortening for bike theives scheme . penis is cut in half every time a scrote nicks a bike . multiple benifits as would cut down breeding as well.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Yes , but technically the thief would never be totally without the penis. And a little presumptuous to conclude that all bike thieves are in possession of one to begin with.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Oh, sorry for the loss buddy. Hope you get some resolution.

MartynS

This stuff….

So yet another bike theft in Stockport..
    I am fairly certain there is a very well organised gang in the area, I’ve even been given name, but have absolutely no proof. I’ve been on to GMP but cannot back up anything..
    GMP need to start taking this seriously though.
    I haven’t yet got this smart water, and it depends on the items being found to re-unite them with the owner but its got to be a step in the right direction.
    As was asked on another thread, where does all this stolen stuff go.. There is an outlet, an people (we) are buying it.
    Trouble is there are more people who just want cheap, high end parts than those who care where they came from….

nigelsnape
    Free Member

Here are the photos of all the bikes stolen from my garage last night. They broke in through the roof by removing the tiles.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Gutted for you. Will keep an eye out (Macc Forest area) – if they’ve been sold on complete.

+1 for multiple eBay searches (as many of the brands as you can think of that are on the bikes), touring the local ‘hotspots’ and letting as many people know as possible. A mate’s Stumpy got returned a few months back following some local publicity – and great work by a chap off here with his eyes peeled. Don’t give up hope yet.

MartynS

Broke through the asbestos roof of my garage in Great Moor….
    It has to be the same lot….. I hate the fact there is seemingly nothing we can do….if anyone has any ideas shout up, how do we get he police to take this seriously???

nigelsnape
    Free Member

All the bikes were chained up in the garage as well,the locks were cut. They also removed the alarm box which is nowhere to be seen.

postierich
    Free Member

Liquid I,m in Kendal will keep an I out for it!

liquid
    Free Member

Thanks Postierich 🙂

theshrike
    Free Member

Look on Pinkbike for the parts or full bike, i have been informed that there is/was a bike ring operating on there shifting the bikes less traceable than ebay, also drive round, Brinnington, Edgeley and parts of Offerton, there are a few bike thieves around those areas, they ride around bold as brass on the stolen bikes and also upload the photos on themselves on the bikes to facebook etc..
    I have heard that they send requests out on BB for who has seen what where.

Effin Tossers – Im still paranoid after having three of my bikes stolen. If i think someone if following me i take them on a wild goose chase.

I will keep my eyes peeled around Great Moor, Davenport

allthepies
    Free Member

That remote shed/garage alarm someone posted details of the other day seems more attractive with each tale of nicked bikes.

Sorry to hear about the theft.

gonzy
    Free Member
    gonzy
    Free Member

That remote shed/garage alarm someone posted details of the other day seems more attractive with each tale of nicked bikes.

i think this seems more tempting…
    http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp

flange
    Free Member

As mentioned on the PB thread

Scrotes FB page

edward2000
    Free Member

My neighbour, a fellow cyclist said his mates bikes were nicked, they broke into his house. The police actually found them though, the bikes turned up in Chorlton near the Water Park. Not sure where my mates mate lives but it is in the southern area of Greater Manchester.

nigelsnape
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments guys. My garage was fully alarmed with steel doors and bolt down roller shutters.I never thought they’d come through the roof.I don’t even know where the alarm box went.
    Still feeling sick 😥

bobgarrod
    Free Member

You might find this handy _ http://www.findthatbike.co.uk/

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Gonzy – the little tw@ in the PB link contacted me last year when i was selling my Heckler, claiming he was interested etc. Found him on Facebook and on Gumtree and looked like he couldn’t afford a bar of soap, nevermind a used bike. Told him it was no longer for sale but kept sending messages asking why i was selling etc. Ignored him, looked like he was up to no good. Hopefully he’s dying of a slow death in an empty field somewhere now.

Anyway, nigelsnape, i’m local too so will keep an eye out also. Sorry to hear of your loss.

justatheory
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. My house was burgled 2 weeks ago, they took all my bikes as well as all my other stuff, so I know how you’re feeling. I’m in Manchester so will my eyes peeled.

gonzy
    Free Member

apparently the police are aware of these little ****ts but havent been able to do anything yet as they havent been able to catch them in possession of stolen bikes yet…
    looked on the FB page for one of them and there seems to be a gang of them who are at it….i looked into them a few months ago and it seems that they operate as part of a wider network of bike thieving scrotes all across manchester….one of their associates did get busted in salford but again they only did him for possession of a stolen bike but couldnt prove that he had stolen it….they’ve been banned from pinkbike but that doesnt stop them them from flogging stuff off on places like gumtree and ebay….
    its been about 2 months since my dh bike was taken but even though the insurance paid out, i still look for it online…not because i want the bike back but to try and catch the culprits….
    OP…i’m based in north manchester so i’ll keep a look out

anyone in the manchester area…please be extra vigilant as these little toerags will do whatever it takes to relieve you of your bikes…

Taz

Gutted for you mate

I would love to take a vigilante approach to nailing these scotes.

Good luck in tracing them

nigelsnape
    Free Member

Yea, I agree with you there TAZ.
    Cheers

theshrike
    Free Member

All well and done but 2yr discharge and £15 victim surcharge large deterrent that one.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/stop-him-bike-thief-caught-4303716

I read about another prolific bike thief in London – the police reckon he stole about 150 plus bikes worth around 25k
    300 pound fine and 1 yrs suspended sentence.

its about time we started to name and shame them at least it would help tracking and looking for stolen bikes
    i have heard off about 4 prolific thieves in Brinnington and around 4 in Edgeley. They cycle around Brinnington centre and Edgeley centre under the nose of the police. I mean come on, mr policeman a guy cycling round on a trek remedy with a bin bag and over him for a rain coat and no helmet cycling on the payment is certainly questionable

Bunnyhop

I bumped into Nigel this morning and as you can imagine he is still in shock as to how they managed to get the bikes with so much attention to security.

He was telling me he’s an mtb skills instructor too, so stealing the bikes has taken away his living.

Maybe someone who is articulate could get together a letter with threads like this and the one off pinkbike and send it off to the police.

therealhoops
    Free Member

oh for the love of….

eyes peeled in Stockport although I’m also peeled for that Clockwork Orange as well.

therealhoops
    Free Member

might be worth a peruse here as well Brinny Downhill – wonder where the bikes came from???

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this. I had two bikes stolen too in surrey and was gutted and felt sick for months. Were they locked to a wall? I’m thinking about bolting lugs to the wall and floor and using three seperate chains and locks to lock the frame, wheels to the ground and wall, and d-locking the frames together.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

might be worth a peruse here as well Brinny Downhill – wonder where the bikes came from???

Am I imagining things or are some of those trials and jump bikes with long travel forks? They should really where helmets.

Might be worth putting some political pressure on your PCC to crack down on this clearly highly organised crime in some areas.

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

I had my favorite bike stolen by some scumbag just over a year ago. Got onto Gumtree and eBay straight away and set it up so I would receive an alert any time it or something similar to it was listed for sale. Lo and behold about 6 months later I receive an email from ebay showing someone had listed my bike. Bought it, arranged to collect it in person then my bro and a few mates meet this chap to collect it in person. Needless to say the guy didn’t put up much fight when confronted by my mates – probably best I wasn’t there personally as it had sentimental value to me and I probably would have nutted the b*****d. The internet is your friend – use it to your advantage and you may well get lucky.

bowie278
    Free Member

Hi Nigel, I live in your ares so will keep my eyes peeled. Sorry to hear about this! Let’s hope they get found.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘4 mountain bikes stolen from my Garage last night.’ is closed to new replies.