Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 4 days, 300 quid, 1 mountain bike…
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 days holiday to use before the end of the year, about 300 quid to spend on traveling/accommodation etc, i live in Nottingham and the excursion needs to involve mountain biking.

What shall I do? Where shall I go? Does anybody care?

cp

Interesting, I have similar needs 🙂 thread noted.

timidwheeler

What sort of mountain biking.
    UK or abroad?

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Abroad would be great but obviously would have to be cheap. UK is fine too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

do you have a vehicle?

adsbatts89
    Free Member

No car but I could easily hire one.

jekkyl

Lake district, stay at youth hostels which are about £23 a night, do a ride or two every day and eat like a king in the evenings. You could travel with a small back pack and travel between several hostels picking your route over high passes and challenging terrain.
    You could do a similar thing in north wales going to all the trail centre’s if you were so inclined and mix it up with a bit of natural.
    With the cash you’ll save buy some narcotics to allow you to complete all the rides in super fast time, OR super slow time, depending on your choice of narcotic.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Jekkyl – North Wales is a good shout. Anyone with more exotic suggestions?

cookeaa

Maybe Train it to somewhere you’ve never been before bike around the area and either camp/B&B/YHA and plan a few days of big loops and/or exploring…

chakaping
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you like?

If I had that brief I think I’d head for the Tweed Valley but stop in the Lakes on the way there or back.

I’d get an uplift day at Inners one of the days too.

craig24
    Free Member

http://www.dalby-forest.co.uk/camping-pods.htm

£40 per night, plenty of riding to do!

seavers
    Free Member

I would head to Wales. Not too far, a shed load of trail centers to make the most of (You can do some on the way to others). Plenty of natural rides too. Depends on what kind of riding you want of course.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

£40 per night, plenty of mediocre riding to do!

FTFY. Their day permit fee is hysterical given how lame the riding is. Twice the price for half the fun compared to Wales.

Me n t’other half are time-poor so when we get a rare set of rest days together we regularly head to Wales and road trip a few trail centres. Last week did Brechfa – Nant Y Arian – Coed Y Brenin – Llandegla on the (long) way home from Tenby Ironman. You could throw in one of several others in the vicinity of any of the above, we passed Cli-machx near Machynlleth, Penmachno (we didnt have SCUBA gear with us) and Antur Stiniog would also be in range of CYB. Loads of good accommodation around.

http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/centres/centres.aspx

DT78
    Free Member

£300 should get you to some where near the Alps. Camp and live off bread and cheese for a few days.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. North Wales trail centre trek is looking pretty popular!

Chakaping – Tweed valley sounds good too. Only ever done glentress and inners trail centre so would be good to do some natural stuff.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of riding in Tenerife or similar? Might be able to stretch the budget a little for somewhere more exotic.

crasher50

Try Magma bikes in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Jorge the owner provides nice bikes, good routes to suit all abilities and is a good bloke around.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Fancy company Adam?

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Sounds good Matt, I’ll keep you in the loop!

faustus

Minimise travelling time and expenses, so stay UK but go somewhere interesting like north Scotland bothy-ing, or Wales B&B/YHA as suggested already. You won’t have to blow your money, and you can get loads of riding in and live and eat very comfortably…i quite fancy doing just that!

Potdog
    Free Member

Whether Tenerife is possible depends massively on the current flight prices, they can fluctuate wildly!

If you do find a deal, give me a should, we have some great budget accommodation options now.

That and the riding is ace. 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘4 days, 300 quid, 1 mountain bike…’ is closed to new replies.