Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • £3.55
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

BEer price acceptability will depend on where the drinker lives.

I:D in for £3, anything higher may cause resentment

takisawa2

£4.85 for Carling (or some other shite) at Butlins the other w’end. Not me that was there I hasten to add. I made a pledge to go a year with no beer on new years eve, & have managed to stay true .(so far). Been a few close calls though. 🙂

Costs as much to not drink though, a gastro-pub wanted to charge me £2.60 for a pint of soda & lime cordial the other week.

oldnpastit

Milton Brewery, just outside Cambridge, will sell you 36 pints for £54 (taxed).

i.e. £1.50 per pint.

http://www.miltonbrewery.co.uk/index.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the-muffin-man

This story should please many forum members then…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022772/Cost-pint-set-drop-50p-weaker-too.html

…for me its not the strength of the beer that makes me buy it, and if this legislation helps brewers concentrate on taste rather than strength then to me thats a bonus. Cheaper beer and just as tasty (hopefully!).

ben
    Free Member

Try living in Singapore… After living here for 6 months I now consider £5 a pint as a bargain! £7 a pint is common in bars & pubs.

Wozza
    Free Member

Oyster Bar in Manchester, 3 pints and you’ll get change from a fiver.

A mate, went into a bar near the locks and asked for two pints of peroni… £9! and they charged him for paying on his card too! Robbing basids.

Jamie
    Free Member

My local Sam Smiths is £1.98 for a pint of lager.

Cost me £3.20 for a pint of Guinness in Cambridge yesterday, which I thought was cheap for the location.

Interesting stuff mind…..

Pauly

£3.85 for a pint of Budvar in the Parkview Brighton yesterday.

Muke
    Free Member

Oh yes, the Sunday afternoon BBB beertent sale

Happy Daze 😀

iDave
    Free Member

£3.20 for a small half in my local, but it has other attractions…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Milton Brewery, just outside Cambridge, will sell you 36 pints for £54

That’s one hell of a big glass!

McHamish
    Free Member

I don’t drink beer when going out for meals anymore…£5ish for effectively 1/2 a pint.

I can’t bring myself to spend that much.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

99p for a pint of real ale in my local, he’s been doing it for about the last six months. Imagine it, pissed on a fiver, well I am anyway.

derek_starship
    Free Member

£4.10 for a pint of Peroni in All Bar One in Manchester.

‘kin ridiculous.

And what’s with franchise restaurants charging £5 for a 500ml bottle of lager?

At least Dick Turpin showed you his flintlock.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The more expensive the beer, the shiter the place, in my experience.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, it might be up in whatever Godforsaken dump you live in, but down here in That London’s Famous London, you may very well have to pay a premium for good beer in a nice pub.

One of my all time favourite beers of all time mate:

Is five pounds thirty a pint in The Union or Old Brewery in Greenwich. Northerners may well swear at the price of such a fine ale, but then, they are mainly used to drinking muddy festering ditchwater the poor things. 🙁

WCA, what is used to paying silly money in spensive bars around the World, was quite stunned by the five pounds fifty we were charged per pint of this loveliness in Brew Wharf, Borough Market:

Mmm…

I dunno though; I don’t mind paying a bit for a decent pint of proper top-grade beer, as you’re drinking it for it’s loveliness, not to get hammered. For me, a nice evening involves 3-4 pints of really nice beer in a really nice pub. I could just as easily drink bilge in a crap pub too if I wanted to, but tbh these days, there’s not a great deal of difference in what you’ll spend. I woon’t be spending £4 on a pint of Stella or similar crap though. I’d rather go without.

Yeah, four or five quid or more a pint is ridiculous. But then again, how many folk on here will willingly pay silly money to eat at a Heston Poncenthal or Rick Stein restaurant? Hmm?

I notice the price of a pint anywhere has rocketed steeply since the Tories came into power….

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I reckon £2.50 a pint or 5 beer tokens for a tenner should be alright for the Big Bike Bash. The token will be for a pint of beer, cider, lager or a glass of wine.

scotsman
    Free Member

Was in Norway last week, Bergen to be precise, 0.4L of local Noggie piss £8.50 and it is vile, it’s called Hansa so if you are ever in Bergen best avoided. Then went to a club later and they were skinning you £10.50 for a bottle of Corona, still didn’t stop us getting pissed up though.

Muke
    Free Member

MMMmmm

SST
    Free Member

We’re paying nearly R20 (£1.70) for a pint of draught Amstel now in SA

CountZero

I’ll be drinking Doom Bar or Betty Stoggs in a little while at £2.85/pint. I’d rather it was £2.50, mind.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

BBB beer list all available at £2.50 a pint!

2×9 from Irving & Co Portsmouth
    2×9 from Cheriton Brewhouse
    2×9 from FFF , Alton
    2×9 from Isle of Purbeck
    4 x 9 From IVB ( 2 Gold , 2 a n other )

yamyamblade
    Free Member

The North Bar in Leeds other Friday 2 pints of american guest beers and 2 halfs of Oyster Stout £16 !!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was at a happy hour the other day. Two hours, actually.

Price? Free. Yep, free. Two hours of free booze. Nice.

Doug
    Free Member

Plassey Dragons Breath £2.25 a pint, lovely malty pint and 6%. Over £3 for a pint of piss really is taking it.

Looks like I’ll be staying sober when I’m down in Loondon for the Olympics.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

At the BBB last year we had a similar happy hour on the Sunday afternoon. Beer on request and there was a box on the bar for you to put any donations.

singletrackmind

2 pint and 4 pint plastic containers will also be available in the beer tent . This is for those who would like to drink some decent beer back at your tent , or take some home with you on Sunday.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

it was that price in Cornwall about 5 years ago….

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘£3.55’ is closed to new replies.