Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 3/4 lengths
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I live in them, apart from in the current heat 🙂

Pearl Izumi seem to have stopped doing theirs, I find the Endura and dhb ones fall apart v easily, even through the Endura ones fit OK, the pads drops out after a couple of weeks.

Any recommendations?

theboatman
    Free Member

I've got some nice grey fox ones, very soft and a bit stretchy, but wearing well.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Erm, lycra, not baggy shorts please 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JonEdwards
    Free Member

Shorts + kneewarmers here.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

CBA with knee/arm warmers, I can tell what the weather is like by looking out of the window, and it just adds an extra 2 items of clothing to the list of kit kicking about.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

knee/arm warmers

as worn by the mincing dancing fraternity 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I can tell what the weather is like by looking out of the window

Do you only go for rides so short that the weather doesn't change?

aP
    Free Member

Assos.

elliptic
    Free Member

Polaris (mine are doing fine after a year).

aP
    Free Member

My Assos ones are doing fine after 4…

elliptic
    Free Member

My Polaris ones didn't cost £130…

ctznsmith
    Free Member

my performance (the brand)ones are holding up well after 2 years.

theboatman
    Free Member

Not all that stretches is lycra 🙄

specializedneeds

10/10 for missing the point, Boatman 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Nalinis come up very light and technical. You're like me I only stopped wearing them last Sunday. But from now on I'm going to just use an assortment of kneewarmers,rather than buy anymore 3/4s and I'm going to use legwarmers with shorts as well.

romster
    Free Member

These are good for the money – i've always been a fan of the Polaris stuff cracking value for money.

Just released a rediuclousy good value for money bib short which will be live across most sites over the next few weeks.

£60.00 – virtually identical to a brand whose equivalent bibshort retails for nearly three times that amount.

romster
    Free Member

must admit i'm a bib and leg warmer man myself………..very rarely wear knee warmers it's either bibs, or bibs and legwarmers.

paule
    Free Member

The DHB ones I bought from wiggle 2 winters back are still going strong. Can't remember the model name, but they're slightly thicker than normal lycra and very comfy too.

tommytowtruck

How about some Ground Effect Montezumas?
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-MON-LON.htm
    I like mine, although the exchange rate must have gone to shit as i'm sure mine were about £30 when I got them a few years back.

nickc

Ground Effect do some nice ones.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Anotherdeadhero are you a band that live in Earby? Burnley way on?

theboatman
    Free Member

10/10 for missing the point, Boatman

😳 it's been one of those days 😳

ctznsmith
    Free Member

i mean protective not performance. Began with the right letter.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Do you only go for rides so short that the weather doesn't change?

No, I make educated guesses as to what the weather will be like that day, or even consult a forecast, then often wear 3/4 lengths as the best compromise as they're brilliant in changeable conditions. If it winds up hotter/colder/wetter than I'd thought, I MTFU and bear it, being the big grrr manly man that I am :nods: :flexes:

Cheers to for recomendations, I'll look the groundeffect and polaris ones up.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

ADH, you know I like my lycra and by far the best is Giordana at all price points.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, just bought some giordana bibs, so if they're good I'll get the 3/4 length version when they're back in stock at CRC.

aracer
    Free Member

I MTFU and bear it, being the big grrr manly man that I am

Ah well, that's obviously my problem – I'm just not manly enough, and like to be able to regulate my temperature rather than being too hot or too cold. To be fair it's only arm-warmers I tend to put on and off whilst riding – if I use knee warmers I keep them on all ride, but they still have the advantage of being a lot cheaper than 3/4s as an extra option.

I've now checked, and the 3/4s I've had for years (they're still going strong) are Lusso ones – definitely recommended.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Gore.

I've got some of their bib tights and their nice and comfy.

NZCol

We make our Motus and Moabs in 2/3 length for an extra $20. The Moabs the full Chamois, the Motu has a smaller nano-chamois. Depends what you like really. I use the Moabs in 2/3 all winter and they are great. Link from my profile (he says risking a banning for advertising !)

We're in the process of totally re-doing our web shop, product lines etc to pare it all back to specific product lines.

Clink

We make our Motus and Moabs in 2/3 length for an extra $20. The Moabs the full Chamois, the Motu has a smaller nano-chamois. Depends what you like really. I use the Moabs in 2/3 all winter and they are great.

But you don't do bibs!!! 👿
    Which is the only thing putting me off ordering some of your shorts as the AR ones I've got are ace. But performance lycra needs a bib.

NZCol

Which is the only thing putting me off ordering some of your shorts as the AR ones I've got are ace. But performance lycra needs a bib.

Really ? Oh well, sorry nah bibs don't do it for us, just get a pair of Moabs and you'll see why, i use mine all the time, nice and cosy, don't get pulled down (even with 2 pairs of shorts on as i have a bony ass). Team them with a nice Toro and you'll be in heaven.

OK end of marketing spiel !

Oh and thanks for buying our gear – we're only little but we're working our (bony) little ass to try and deliver quality gear THAT LASTS.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘3/4 lengths’ is closed to new replies.