Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 3 rides and 3 falls.. why?
  • richteabiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve been riding years but this past few days I’m considering taking up a new safer hobby. Every outing, even my little local loop results in bloodshed.
    I’m a lot more confident in riding stuff I would have avoided years ago and my pace has increased from a pootle but somehow just lately I’m getting everything catastrophically wrong. Last night I even got a little drop I’ve nailed for years wrong and spent the remainder of the evening trying to stop my knee pissing blood on the sofa.

Anyone else had this? I’m going to Dalby tomorrow and I’m concerned that I should maybe alert the emergency sevices 😕

woool
    Free Member

all of us have a little guy like this on our shoulder from time to time…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77NVTXiKv94

GW
    Free Member

see Jedi’s vid up on the front page 😉

He explains it well.. (and confirms that I’m a bit shite at riding narrow singletrack slowly 😕 )

Stuuey

Have you changed anything on the front end? Stem, stem height, fork compression? Changing that always has a huge impact on me especially when on your regular trails, last time I dropped the stem I was riding like clown.

If you are coming off because you are clipping something on one side of your body and its always the same side. Go see the doctor. Sorry to be worrisome.

chvck
    Free Member

I think it happens to most people at some point, a couple of big(ish) falls on consecutive rides and you start to think about it more and more. Just relax and try not to think about it. Maybe ease off the pace a little till your confidence is back.

mtbscoop
    Free Member

Similar thing here – over the bars TWICE at the weekend. I’ve not been over the bars in years! I blamed the softer spring in my Van32’s but really it was down to me being a Muppet.

neninja
    Free Member

I had my biggest fall of the year whilst on a course to stop my crashes – doh!!

One second I was riding up a rock slab the next I was upside down in a small conifer still clipped in. I still don’t know how I did it.

ourmaninthenorth

I think the gravitational pull has temporarily increased where you’ve been riding.

Go to Dalby with a never-say-die attitude, and you’ll correct this geological fault.

Trimix
    Free Member

Small samples of random things can produce patterns.

Just keep going out till you dont fall off, then your problem is solved.

Or, check the bike for changes like tyre pressues, worn tyres, settings etc.

I fall off most rides, if I didnt fall off three rides in a row i would think its odd.

scottidog
    Free Member

Best thing you can do, before you even patch up your wounds is to get straight back on the horse and hit what ever obstacle has had you off again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘3 rides and 3 falls.. why?’ is closed to new replies.