Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 3 Peaks walk this w/e. Conditions?
  • myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Just got an email from a mate. She (and friend) are doing the 3 Peaks walk this weekend, and plan to do it in <8.5 hours. It's a last minute arrangement to raise humanitarian aid cash for Haiti (direct through Just Giving).

Anyway, given the conditions at the moment – do you reckon this is feasible? They're reasonably fit walkers but not particularly hardcore!

richpips
    Free Member

Unless the snow has gone, there may be a real avalanche risk. I've seen some debris here in the Peak, and I know of at least one on Ingleborough last w/end.

grumm
    Free Member

Think they will definitely be struggling to do it that fast. Not sure how much it's melted/refrozen up there either but I could def imagine crampons etc helping for bits of it.

Ingleborough looked very snowy a few days ago but there has been a considerable thaw since.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    willsimmons
    Free Member

I think you should go and guide the way, it is the only friendly thing to do.

In all seriousness that sounds like a bit of crazy idea at the moment. A lot of snow around and avalanches aside it is going to take a while to walk that with mid-calf deep snow.

simonm
    Free Member

If its any guide, Snake still closed, Winnats still closed, not really melting, the rain that fell appears to have frozen as it hit the ground..not melting the snow…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks walk this w/e. Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.