Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • £2k
  • rogerdodger
    Free Member

Got 2k to ‘invest’ and looking for 120-140 of suspended loveliness……. any recommendations chaps and chapesses????? Usual riding? – bit of everything thank you very much!

sv

Spesh Camber or Canyon Nerve AM/XC.

rogerdodger
    Free Member

I shouldl qualify my request also………….I’m 17 stone and not that tall…..anything to avoid???

brakes
    Free Member

pies

curvature
    Free Member

Love the Pies answer!!!

scaredypants

weak bridges ?

Bah, beaten for speed and quality 🙁

radoggair
    Free Member

2K to invest?

Wont be bikes then !! 🙂

rogerdodger
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm steak or chicken?????? up in God’s country its not pies I have to worry about but Greggs sausage rolls. Oh, and Greggs cheese pasties….and corned beef pasties….and sugar strand doughnuts …and well just Greggs in general!!! Touche

scaredypants

try the coconut donuts roger !

rogerdodger
    Free Member

I like the look of canyon bikes and they do seem damned good value….the website says medium – 5 feet 9 and a half – it’s the half that counts…anyone else gone medium??

rogerdodger
    Free Member

coconut is for for malibu drinkers and suntan lotion…….

Moonhead
    Free Member

scaredypants

roger – I think moonhead was offering to do your back with suntan lotion

some folk are pretty shy

(you don’t know what you’re missing BTW – donut-wise and also moony’s magic hands)

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

You’re probably best getting something with air sprung shocks. Because anything in your size will probably be undersprung. Or factor in the cost of replacement, more suitable coils.

plastic_scotsman
    Free Member

I’m 5 10 and 3 quarters and a medium canyon nerve XC fits me!!!

Plastic

honourablegeorge

If you’re not that tall, there’s a small Cube Stereo on CRC for around 1500. Full XT, formula brakes, DT Wheels, Revelation Forks, mostly syntace other stuff.

Looks like fantastic value to me

morgs
    Free Member

314 online for £1900….

honourablegeorge
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

At 5’9″ and a smidge I’d go for a medium.

Jamesy
    Free Member

Cube stereo , excellent bike for the cash

midlifecrashes

Reduced 2010 Turner Flux or FiveSpot from CRC. Hope Hoops with Flow rims, XT Groupset, Revs or Rebas, RF Deus post/stem/bar from Merlin, Tyres from On-one and a Charge Spoon. It would be awesome.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Agrees with the above post

james
    Free Member

“Reduced 2010 Turner Flux or FiveSpot from CRC. Hope Hoops with Flow rims, XT Groupset, Revs or Rebas, RF Deus post/stem/bar from Merlin, Tyres from On-one and a Charge Spoon. It would be awesome”

A flux with Flows?

midlifecrashes

I know, but I read the 17st bit…

was mainly pointing out the self build options with buying full groupsets and a bargain frame. I want one now though.

rogerdodger
    Free Member

OK, so pie and ‘DOH’nuts aside :lol:……I have seen Spesh Stumpy FSR Elite for less that 1800 quid and then there’s the ‘what look like ridiculous’ value for money Canyon XC/AM for same sort of cost. Are the Canyon’s kit worth that much more?

baldSpot
    Free Member

a road bike, then come back in a year and see what £1250 buys a 13st rider.

rogerdodger
    Free Member

thanks baldSpot – I have a HT I use as a commuter for this very reason.

hambl90
    Free Member

Just bought a 2nd hand rocky mountain altitude 140mm travel and loving it , very plush suspension and available for a lot less than your budget.

justatheory
    Free Member

I recently bought a Canyon Nerve but if I ‘d know CRC were going to be offering Turner FiveSpot frames at silly money I would’ve gone the self build route.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Turner for that! That is all… Go buy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘£2k’ is closed to new replies.