Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • 29ertrackworld
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Druidh, that looks familiar, G Glen?

druidh
    Free Member

dug – much closer to home…

Maidens 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m still considering selling my new road bike and getting a light rigid 29er with some thinner tyres on it. So far I’m not really getting on with the roadie (doesn’t seem as fun as it used to be) and feel like a 29er would be a good compromise to link bridleways and roads for local riding. CX seems a bit too far biased to the road side for my tastes.

Was kind of sparked by seeing this Cielo, didn’t realise they made them look that good!

I’m probably gonna go to that Rutland Cycles 29er day to see what all the fuss is about.

rOcKeTdOg

Tom, one of those new Genesis 29gnars sounds ideal for that

derekrides
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    Nice try at trying to change the subject but as it goes i sometimes ride with gears and sometimes ride without.
    But I never have to get rescued by the coastguard or slag off a type of bike that my own company imports.

So you’re not going to recomend the 29er Bandit to me then?

Shame as i have been looking at it as a possible replacement for my last remaining 26er.
    Oh well plenty of other people that will want my money.

1st. I’ve never been rescued by a coastguard, nor the RNLI for that matter.
    2nd I don’t actually sell bikes personally, but I’m sure if I did and you expressed an interest, as a salesman i’d be stupid to try and disagree with you. Now if you want a pair of gloves, I do sell them now and again, and ladies handbags. 😉
    3rd I’m told, by people who know these things, that if you absolutely have to look ridiculous on a mountain bike with silly big wheels, then the Transition Bandit 29er is at least designed with the task of a)Riding Trails well and b)Trying to retain an air of kewellness about the rider, probably a tough call in your case. 😉

druidh
    Free Member

No chance of a Transition Fatbike then derek?

_tom_
    Free Member

Tom, one of those new Genesis 29gnars sounds ideal for that

Aren’t they cx bikes?

rOcKeTdOg

No

saxabar
    Free Member

There was an interesting write-up in Dirt on 29ers. Even they reckon it is the way forward for trail bikes. Yet to try one myself but my interest is properly piqued.

singlespeedstu

Trying to retain an air of kewellness about the rider

If you think riding a pushbike* makes you look kewell you really are clueless. 😀

*of any wheel size.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I rather like that Cielo, looks fast.

catvet
    Free Member

Yep 29 ers are great but they do not give you that hooligan appeal that a 26 er hardtail or a 140 trail bike IMHO.

weeksy

i might create a forum with that name 🙂

NZCol

I bought a lovely Serotta off a chap from this here forum in 09 or was it 08 ? Can’t remember, anyhoo, rode it for a month in scotland and enjoyed it. Had bought it as an experiment with the view that I’d bring it back here and sell it if i wasn;t into it. All my mates were aghast when i got back and ridiculed me – of the 7 that did 6 now ride 29ers ! I don’t think there is any major mystery about it and the new shapes etc all seem to be more proportioned and better to ride.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Short person’s 29er in the wild (only couple of inches taller than druidh :P)

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘29ertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.