Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 29er wheels thinking Hope Hoops any thing else out there
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

I am almost 100% going for Hope Hoops with Crests 29er wheels running them tubless, I need a 20mm front and a 142×12 rear which is easy to do with Hope hubs, is there an alternative that would be better for the same money?? for around £300 Thanks

Clink

I just wish they would do 29er Hoops with Arch rims, not just Crests 😕

Phototim
    Free Member

Can you get these direct from hope pre-built? Or are you building yourself?

robbo
    Free Member

Don’t forget to read the horror stories of getting tyres onto Crest rims. Be prepared.

Merlin build with Arch or Crest I think…

Jeffus
    Free Member

Buying from my LBS pre built from Hope, I have some 8″ steel DH tire levers should do the job :mrgreen:

Just checking if there is any other options , would be nice to have some Flows but want to race this bike.

fenred
    Free Member

I’m having same dilemma, although I won’t be racing.

On my consider list are fulcrum red power XL, halo trail XC, hope pro2 evo on crests, SS evo on crests, xt on something ( shimano or mavic)

All similar mullah with pros and cons for each…it’s doing my nut in thinking about it all tbh 👿

Ringo
    Free Member

I want arches 🙁

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a pair of American Classic All Mountain 29ers – great so far though I dont race.

fenred
    Free Member

Nipper, I have the 26er versions of those and they are awesome!…£450 in 29er flavour is a bit strong tho 🙁

kharim
    Free Member

go with the hopes

Phototim
    Free Member

So hope do have 29er wheels from stock rather than special build? Last time I looked there was nothing on the website to suggest they did 29er wheels.

Jeffus
    Free Member

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG347

seems they now do the Mavic 719 rim as an option also.

khani
    Free Member

I got pro2 evo sp’s on crests and they’re lush…. 8) you get some spare rim stickers, a couple of spare spokes and extra axle converters as well with hope hoops…
    I love hope….. 😀

mos

I had some DT Swiss X 470 built onto hope hubs by my LBS. Was gonna go for crests originally but read a few bad things about them.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

as Khani, they”re beautifully put together and never had problem mounting a tyre on them at all. Hope do however send out the rim sticker which is clearly designed for a 26″ wheel as you have to manipulate it a little to fit the 29er rim…

fenred
    Free Member

Just ordered some hope hoops from Si at progressive…good price, good service! 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘29er wheels thinking Hope Hoops any thing else out there’ is closed to new replies.