Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er rigid fork length
  • Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

I’d like to fit a 29″ front wheel on my carbon forked On-One but I’m not sure if there’s room, I’ve lobbed a 700c wheel in and there seems to be a fair bit of room for a tyre too but does anyone know a rough fork length that will fit a 700c wheel and 2.2″ tyre? (I realise this is all guesstimates but any clues would be helpful!)

I did have a DirtRag from ages ago that had all this info in but I’ve lost it… 🙁

Ta

ourmaninthenorth

I don’t speak from experience, but isn’t the Ragley TD-1 designed around a short (440mm) fork?

firestarter
    Free Member

I ran a 2.2 700cc tyre on my inbred up front with a 440mm fit fine and didn’t hike the front up too much

letmetalktomark

I ran a 2.2in 29er wheel & tyre in my Salsa forks and they are 425mm a2c.

Seems to be more about the design than the actual a2c

Shackleton

Yes, there will be room but the steering may feel floppy with a 440mm a-c. I put an O-O steel 420mm a-c fork on my love hate with a 29er wheel and 2.25 racing ralph and the steering was much better. Clearance on the crown was getting tight at 420mm a-c but with a 440mm a-c on the carbons you should be fine.

I remember doing some maths to work out what would work best to avoid screwing up handling and deciding that a 420mm ish fork with normal off set would work (either O-O or Salsa Cro-Motos).

letmetalktomark

Shackleton – Member

Yes, there will be room but the steering may feel floppy with a 440mm a-c. I put an O-O steel 420mm a-c fork on my love hate with a 29er wheel and 2.25 racing ralph and the steering was much better. Clearance on the crown was getting tight at 420mm a-c but with a 440mm a-c on the carbons you should be fine.

I remember doing some maths to work out what would work best to avoid screwing up handling and deciding that a 420mm ish fork with normal off set would work (either O-O or Salsa Cro-Motos).

Completely agree.

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Thanks all!

I’ll give it a go. My fork’s a-c length is about 445mm so should be cool.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er rigid fork length’ is closed to new replies.