Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 29er Frames…
  • the-muffin-man

Who else apart from On-One do decent low-end 29er frames?

I’m currently riding a Diamondback Mojito, I can’t see me going back to 26ers and would like to make the step up to something a little nicer but haven’t got loads of cash to throw at a new frame.

SidewaysTim

The Surly Karate Monkey is probably the next cheapest. Can’t think of anything else new that’s in the same £350ish region.

tazzymtb

tomac flint is a brilliant frame and under 400 quid, or look at the second hand market, singular swift frame and forks come up now and then for around the 350 mark and they’re ace

Karate monkeys are nice but just like owning on on-one really

ton

k monkey
    on one
    swift
    haro mary
    redline monocog

had them all and all ok too.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I beleive Chumba’s are going for £300, tapered headtube which means the cheap reba bolt through’s on on-one fit 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Second hand GT Peace I got one for £50. 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t think that low cost=low end. My ScandAL frame is superb and worth far more.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Second hand GT Peace I got one for £50.

where? i want 2 at that price 😀

stevemorg2

My Surly KM is great – Charlie the Bikemonger sorted a good deal with a h/set thrown in. I’ve had a few (26er) OnOnes and it feels a better frame – certainly the paint seems to be lasting longer!
    The Surly rigid forks are not very forgiving though – I think I’ll have to get some suspension forks!

Keef
    Free Member

Kona unit 29 ebay……………

markenduro
    Free Member

Surly KM are a very versatile frame but they are a bit heavy and the dropouts can be a pain in the arse to run gears (as can the on-one slot dropouts). Salsa are worth a look if you want to spend a little more than normal or as said above, wait for a 2nd hand singular to come around and buy that.

MoreCashThanDash

Give me a shout when you sell the Mojito, thinking of one as a way of testing the whole 29er thing malarkey….

the-muffin-man

Cheers all!

I should add I have nothing against On-Ones – I’ve had over 6 of them and still have an original Ti Inbred! Its just they have no 29er frames in stock.

The Mojito has been a great intro into 29ers, I bought the complete bike cheap from Rutland Cycles, stipped it and added my own bits (gears, brakes etc)…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘29er Frames…’ is closed to new replies.