Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 27.2 dropper seatpost.
  • Olly
    Free Member

all about the same price by the looks of things, the two options seem to be.

gravity dropper, clunky, but easy peasy to look after

Pure racking KSi7 with piggy back, a bit slicker, more complex, but i cant imagine it being any harder to look after than a nice fork?…

need a new post, so might as well get one that i can use on my patriot for trail days (most of the time it has a cut off post in it down at frame level for MiniDH)

bol

Gravity dropper. Good post, and the fact it looks home made means it won’t seem out of place on a Patriot 😉

Olly
    Free Member

lol. too true.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

only reviews/mentions Ive heard here of the i7 involve having to send it back to get it working more or less after getting it. Try forum search tool loads of threads on uppydownys they are the must have of 2011, and a few i7 owners have posted.

I was in the same boat, having sold a 30.9mm posted frame (and Joplin) and buying a 27.2mm seatposted frame. Looked at the i7 but heard barely anything good about it, got the GD instead. Thought I’d miss infinite adjustment but full up, ~1″ down and fully down were pretty much the positions I used my joplin in. Another current thread suggests if the GD does fail its 1) easy to bodge a repair and 2) GD will sort you out if you tell em.

Also WELL worth getting a remote, does the i7 come with one?

Olly
    Free Member

ok cool, good to know.
    i was thinking of getting one without a remote, purely because it would be being shared between two burley bikes (456 and patriot)
    both of which tend to get used with a stumpy saddle some of the time, and a long saddle which then gets moved up and down alot for trail riding.

due to the potential for swappage, i would probably stick with the non remote version….?
    then again, ive got spare guides on both bikes,
    is it a two piece clamp perchance?

bol

Yes, it’s a two piece clamp. Easy to fit. I don’t have mine on the bike much of the time. I leave a spare saddle on it and it’s all sorted in a couple of minutes.

br
    Free Member

Biggest problem you’ll have is actually trying to locate a 27.2 one…

He talks with current experience.

rustler
    Free Member

Mate has run GD for nearly a year, no problems & he reckons a doddle to service. Chap on the Chase other night with one on his 5′ said same. Both remote versions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

non remote is utterly pointless try grabbing your gonads wvery time you want to lower a seat and see how easy and practical this is
    GD fugly but wont break.
    I share mine between three bike just use reusable zips to attach it to hydraulic line few minutes of a job to chaneg and you sav eon buying multiple posts/saddles.
    Munge-chick I assume the multi [the bit inside the rubber] has three holes drilled in it as opposed to the two of the non multi [ is thinking of drilling post should i?
    GD advised against this but would not say if this was what they dod so i assume it is

Rickos
    Free Member

The GD multi does indeed just have an extra hole for the 1 inch drop.

The X-Fusion HiLo comes in 27.2mm size too and you get the under seat lever and remote lever in the box, so takes your pick.

Junkyard
    Free Member

MMMMM do I trust the internet 😯
    Cheers assumed it must and it has scored where the pin falls anyway mm tempting

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

on the GD it is just an extra hole, and Ive heard on the tinterweb of people drilling other holes to get more positions (every inch for example). A bit of a risk as if the inner tube does fail it will fail at a hole.

Rickos, depends where you buy- someone on here only got one lever though the reviews I’ve read agree with you (possibly the unlucky buyer got an OE market post?).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper seatpost.’ is closed to new replies.