Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 24hr Training
  • Jonwilly74
    Free Member

I have just entered my first 24hr solo, anyone out there got any training tips or tips for the race
    Thanks

MikeT
    Free Member

If you have a road bike, do a few century rides If you don’t then borrow one, throw in a few 30 mile or so MTB rides and that should see you right.

Your biggest challenge will be the mental one.

MrSparkle

If you can ride from your door then make a 6 miles or so loop and do an over night circuit. Stop off at home for food, drink and supplies and keep going until daybreak. I found this a worthwhile training exercise both physically and mentally.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Some really good stuff on this site:

Executing your first 24 solo, part 4 (pacing)

A few pages of tactics / preparation stuff that I found useful (especially pacing)

I asked my coach about tactics for my first one and she said ‘start slow and get slower’ 🙂

grazedknees
    Free Member

This blog has lots of information HERE

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How serious are you? I have done a couple of 24 hrs as a very average rider. My training was simply getting the miles in as often as I could – doing two 30+ mile rides in one day – that sort of thing.

As for the race itself – start slow and get slower! Stop to refuel often and early. Don’t get involved in racing other folk – just concentrate on a nice steady pace. Let everyone else clear off at the start so you don’t end up in the first lap queues.

vdubber67
    Free Member

grazedknees – Member

This blog has lots of information HERE

Good link – Anne’s blog is excellent.

Jonwilly74
    Free Member

Super info folks thanks a bunch

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘24hr Training’ is closed to new replies.