Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 24 hour race lights
  • dmc
    Free Member

Just looking for some advise on what lights i should be looking at helmet mounted, bar mounted mixture ? what from peoples experience works best and what brands do people tend to use ? have a budget of about £400.

thanks in advance
    DC

njee20
    Free Member

USE Maxx-D and a Joystick, should be able to find both for around £400.

wwaswas

As above and USE are at a lot of events to offer support too. The new Lumi's might be worth a look too.

I wouldn't be happy to base my race on a £50 light from HK, tbh.

MrTall
    Free Member

I still like my Ayups, great little package with excellent battery run times. My Joystick packs up after 2.5 hours but with the extra batteries you get in the full ayup kit i'd get at least 6-7hrs from both the bar and helmet mounted lights.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I used two lights – a single spot LED helmet mounted. This was good on its own on easy bits – doubletrack climbs and a powerful multi led handlebar mounted for the faster bits.

For strathpuffer I borrowed a nightrider off The Bike Chain – fantastic light at a fantastic price.

I would be quite happy using the DX torches so long as I had backups.

Are you going solo or in a team? How much runtime do you really need?

dickydutch

Another vote for AyUps. Admittedly not the brightest now but for the package I reckon theyre pretty hard to beat. Shame you have to buy them from OZ now, but apparently customer service is still spot on.

glenncampbell

+1 for njee20 and Exposure enduro + Joystick. Great combination, not too expensive. My mate has ayups and they are excellent value and perform very well though!

Shandy
    Free Member

If you are starting from scratch the Ayups are brilliant. Two light units, 2 small batteries, 1 big battery. The smalls give you 3 hours on full, six hours on half power, the big gives you 6 hours on full, 12 hours on half. With three batteries you are unlikely to run out of power, and the Ayups light unit seem to have a very low failure rate. I also got a head torch strap with mine, they are great for hiking too.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Hope vision 2 and 4…

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Lumi led 3

Dave
    Free Member

Lumi led3

mogrim

I was just about to post on this very theme…

Given a budget of around 100GBP, what would you get? It's for a marathon I'm doing, hopefully get in before the light fades too much, but need one just in case.

dmc
    Free Member

Thanks for the feed back doing solo mayhem so need good burn times

dc

JDB
    Free Member

Another vote for Ayup, fantastic little package, great run time, more than enough power for night time endurance racing and they come in wicked colours. I also know that they are putting in a big Europe push, and will be spending the summer travelling around Europe and the UK promoting at all the major events, so don't be surprised if a new distributor is coming soon.

wwaswas

that's the windows paperclip moonlighting, isn't it?

epicyclo

AyUp +1

Not the brightest light anymore, but the best overall package IMO.

The light spread exceeds my ability to go fast so it's more than adequate.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘24 hour race lights’ is closed to new replies.