Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2.35 tryes
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

so this is my second time out on these big fat tyres…i used to ride 26x 2.2 26×2.25…..now riding 2.35….. now the first time i tried them they were ace i felt alot more confidence on them…they are particularly good going downhill ( wasnt over confient before but manged …but since the fatter tyres are on- im loving them for Downhill !!!!… only thing is for hill climbs it seems alot harder is this normal…. ? i was quite struggling today (tho it was incredibly windy on my local moors today so maybe the added wind pushing me backwards made it feel harder… ( fat alberts are the tyres..

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I reckon the 2.35’s will be heavier than the old tyres and its probably just the extra weight you’re feeling up hill. It could be they’re a stickier compound too, which you’d probably feel going up more than down?

Vortexracing

whatnobeer is spot on it’s more than likely its either a change in compound or weight or both that you are feeling.

d45yth
    Free Member

You never mentioned what tyres you are using. Are the 2.35’s just a wider version of your old ones or a different tyre altogether?

footflaps

I pump my 2.35 / 2.5s up (40psi) before big climbs – makes a big difference, and then let them right down for big descents (10-20 psi). Some wider tyres eg Schwalbe Fat Alberts are pretty light for bigger tyres.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i did say they were Fat Alberts at the end of my sentance….:wink: i mite take abit more air out next time 😉

burt
    Free Member

first time on super tacky for me today, jeez they were hard work uphill.
    the little bit of uphill road we went on was murder,but downhill through the roots was amazing.

Northwind

All depends on the tyre, there’s fast, slow, heavy, light, grippy, ungrippy 2.35s… Like, my 2.35 smallblocks are light, and stupendously fast. My 2.5 dualply supertacky swampthings are heavy and stupendously slow (and measure 2.35). My 2.3 Eskar rolls and grips very much like a 2.1 Nevegal and weighs about the same too.

Vortexracing

Were your 2.25’s Fat Alberts as well?

elaineanne
    Free Member

how much air r you suposed to have in these bigger tryes or the ‘least’ amount (whats the least amount you can get away with… 😉
    at the mo my tyres feel pretty hard to the touch but just checked and currently have 30 psi front and rear…
    they are good tryes tho, no slipping around today..lol… i guess i will just have stronger legs by next summer then if i have to work that bit harder on the uphills… not bad for a grandma mtb’er 😉 😆

elaineanne
    Free Member

no my 2.25 were kenda nevegals..

elaineanne
    Free Member

oh and mountain king tyres 2.2 for the summer tyre…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2.35 tryes’ is closed to new replies.