Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 317 total)
  • 2015 Prudential ride 100
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well there are loads of you walking around Canary Wharf today, doing some last minute sightseeing are/were you ?

😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Back I would have thought

mrjmt
    Free Member

Just actually read the magazine, it says number on the back of jersey.

TiRed

About half of our club riders (we have 60 riders tomorrow) will be aiming for sub five hours. Look for the blue TCC jerseys. Our “steady” team will be aiming for sub six and a half.

crazy-legs

How many club riders average 20mph over a 100 miles?

The training group of my club would but they represent a small percentage of the total club members.

It’s pretty easy on closed roads. No need to stop for lights or junctions, no being held up by cars.
    We averaged 27mph for the first hour last year before knocking it back a bit, still did the 86 mile ride (86 miles as they cut out Box and Leith Hills) in sub 4hrs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

27mph for the first hour is impressive crazy-legs. If I ever I do the Pru 100 I’ll have to make sure that I temporarily replace my compact chainset …… my 50/12 top gear ratio has me spinning like the clappers at 25mph, at least it feels like it, I wouldn’t want to that for an hour 🙂

crazy-legs

Yeah but at that point the weather was still OK, it was before the torrential downpours, group of 4 as a club team, all very evenly matched, we had an early start so clear roads and we did get a bit carried away with it all!

I was up in town today for the FreeCycle thing, just using hire bikes. Took my Mum along, she’s not ridden a bike in about 20 years. Once she’d got used to the handling of the Boris Bike she was OK and enjoyed it up til it got really busy when she couldn’t really cope well with all the stop/start cycle traffic. I stayed up in town for a bit longer and went out round the eastern end of the route which seemed a lot quieter and then nipped back across town to go to the Rapha Cafe which was full of Ride Londoner’s all buying shiny new kit for tomorrow!

freeagent
    Free Member

In bed, alarm set for 5am. I know I should be asleep but absolutely wired!
    Good luck to y’all for tomorrow – if you see a fat lad in a blue Adidas top, give me a wave!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good look Lads !!!

njee20
    Free Member

All set up at Newlands, bit of mist, light wind, nice temperature. Gonna be a fast day again I reckon!

crossland
    Free Member

I lasted 10miles where a broken spoke and damaged rear wheel stopped me in my tracks. Gutted is not the word

mashiehood
    Free Member

Good luck lads I’m on Giggs hill green in Thames ditton – washing car and bike fetteling, feeling glum and jealous

TiRed

Thanks for the cheer Nick. Held onto the first group until halfway up Leith Hill, we chased them down to. Box Hill but they got away. Not enough workers to bring them back. Finished in the second bunch in 4:06. Phew!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Mostly a great day with some really nice weather however spoiled a bit with a crash – i normally defend sportive riders standard of riding (at least in terms of it not being as bad as their reputation – However no more! I, and 6 others in the first group got taken out by a bellend taking a selfie. Bike was rideable at least but my arse was hanging out my shorts – fortunately not as bad as Peraud in the tour but bad enough! The selfie taker was i think a member of triathlon club (a black and red jersey cant remember the name) unfortunately couldnt make it back to the front group to call him a c£&@ although the incentive of doing that made me keep pushing on and ended up with a shade under 4.15 which id have been happy with before

spacemonkey

Rider down on Leith Hill. Air ambulance in attendance.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

🙁 re rider down

My official time was 5:19, which I’m well chuffed with as I ain’t no racing snake!

mboy
    Free Member

Done… Well and truly done in fact! I’m toast… Best part of 10kg overweight right now doesn’t help, neither does the lack of time in the saddle. Started just after 7, managed the first 60 miles until Leith Hill at 22.5avg, but it all went very south from there… I was properly slow up Leith Hill and Box Hill! Anyway…

Predicted a time of 5:30 based on everyone saying I’d be much quicker than I thought I would be, crept in at 4:59 which brought a tear to my eye! 😳

Was in an absolute world of pain, as you might expect from very little saddle time and being a stone and a half overweight, but it’s done and I can tick it off the bucket list! 🙂

EDIT: Best part is that some of the “more serious” riders I know, shall we say, those that do 150-200 miles week in week out and think they’re a bit tasty, have only just broken 5hrs too! Feeling quite smug right now… 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

What’s your age, height and weight mboy?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

You trying to hook up?

acidchunks

Didn’t realise there was an event on this weekend and am down here with the family visiting friends. Managed to get caught up in traffic jams and road closures for 3 hours on our way out of the city.

Bloody cyclists 😉

crazy-legs

Saw a mate’s FB post saying he’d done it in 4.33 . Good weather is making for some very quick times. Gutted I didn’t get a place this year. 🙁

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

there were some quite efficient pelotons out there today. Sadly I couldn’t seem to jump on annoys them, so pretty much solo’d round for 90% of it. Still a bloody good day though!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

37 seconds off a sub 5. Great day though, really enjoyed it.

FB-ATB

F me that was quick. Normally ride 14- 15 mph average time, with a couple of rides just over 16mph. Managed the 100 miles in 5:43 so about 17.5 mph! Did the first 40 miles in just under 2 hrs too. Everyone who said it would be faster than normal were right. Seemed to be loads of accidents tho. Feel sorry for the guy on the ground just 10 miles from the finish

bigdaddy

237km for me, well chuffed. Rode in from Redhill, and then back to Redhill afterwards. What a cracking day it was. Have decided I like climbing though – it was too flat! Found myself longing for the climbs!

theflatboy
    Free Member

ok, so I was hoping to get under 5h30, and I did… snuck home in 4h19m! I was more than a bit surprised, and the last 20 was definitely tough going, but very happy now! 😎

and, yep, I like the climbs too – blasted a load of people on Leith and Box and nobody overtook me on either 🙂

cinnamon_girl

The Boy got round, phew. 😀 He had a shock at Leith Hill with the gradient so informed him that it’s the highest hill in the South! Cycled there and back which added 30K on.

FB-ATB

4:19, shouldn’t you have been in the race that started after !?! I don’t mind hills. I’ll happily grind up and will never get off. It just can’t seem to get any speed up ’em. Didn’t like the km signs they put out, that messed with my head, went past the 10 miles to go then there was a 15 marker, but saw it was km!!

njee20
    Free Member

Thanks for the cheer Nick. Held onto the first group until halfway up Leith Hill, we chased them down to. Box Hill but they got away. Not enough workers to bring them back. Finished in the second bunch in 4:06. Phew!

No worries! You were going well, your tracker was playing up and showed you still at Kingston, so I’d not expected to see you that far up. considering your recent saddle time to be up with the lead group was excellent. 4:06 is insane!

Mr Woppit got a selfie with me, didn’t spot any other members. Good fun fixing bikes. Crash victims and dodgy mechs mainly!

akira

Just got over five and a half hours but stupidly stopped at newlands and got caught behind crash at leith hill. Guy looked in a bad way so hopefully he’s fine, there was a crash just after the finish line as well. Surprised there weren’t more with the mix of fast riders and inexperienced riders, healing vibes to all.

crazy-legs

Finish line is always a risky one, mates all sprinting it out. All knackered, never been in that sort of situation, sit up as they cross the line then look round and BANG. Or idiots stopping and turning round or switching violently as they pull over to wait for others and taking out anyone following.

theflatboy
    Free Member

and yep agreed, 4:06 is smashing – excellent work! 😯

akira

Going to stop reading this thread as it makes me feel slow 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some very red faces in Canary Wharf this afternoon. Having ridden out with my mates this morning, we crashed out in Canada Sq watching the big screen and watching some of the finishers riding through CW looking slightly worse for wear.
    Hot today wasn’t it.

Wish you all a very settled nights sleep and don’t forget …

Wear that free top you’ve got in the morning to work won’t you 😉 😆

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Does anyone know what happened to the crash victim at Leith hill? I was sitting at the side of Portsmouth road in Kingston this afternoon when I got back and heard a rider saying that they had seen showing having their chest pumped at the bottom of the hill, which sounded concerning.

neila

Heart attack I believe and unfortunately didn’t make it by the sound of the police when I went past. It was certainly and long delay, so the services tried their best. Massive downer on what was a good day.

mboy
    Free Member

What’s your age, height and weight mboy?

Very personal question! But since I’m not shy… 35, 5ft10 and 83kg. Ideal weight for me is about 73-74kg, though if I wanted to be a pro cyclist, at my height I’d be looking to knock another 5kg off that again!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Well I started off great…then got cramp in both legs before the Surrey hills section…so I was very slow doing the 2 pedal glide…….big thanks to the single track cheering squad at the top of leigth hill…cheered me right up

Finished in 5:20….so I’m pretty happy……could have got in the 4hr zone …without the cramp

Great day tho…well done to all

mikemorini
    Free Member

5:12 for me which I was very pleased with until I read the above postings.
    The quick (for me)time was a bonus, but the highlight was closed roads, what a joy!

mboy
    Free Member

Just found out a customer of mine did it in 4:03!!! 😯

He was in the first wave off, on a blue Planet X (will get him off it and on something decent soon!) with Reynolds wheels if anybody was riding with him… His time up Leith Hill would have troubled many of the pro’s!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 317 total)

The topic ‘2015 Prudential ride 100’ is closed to new replies.