Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 2013 SLX
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

In case people bypass the homepage…

Clicky here

Looks nice.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

me likey

AlexSimon

Yep – moving the clutch rear mech thing across the range is great.
    I’ll buy either SLX or XT depending on the price difference as soon as it comes out.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Clutch mech is a great addition. The cranks don’t look as nice as the current ones though IMHO.

scaredypants

“clutch rear mech” – pls explain

the blurb seems to imply that, unless the clutch is engaged, the bottom cage isn’t normally tensioning the chain – that right ??!!111ol 😯

Ed: minimal googlage suggests it’s either a means of increasing spring tension or maybe adding damping – no idea which (or both) as they’re “all” just rehashing a not very clear shimano press release

mafiafish
    Free Member

Those cranks seem a bit of an afterthought IMO, just looks like they’ve finished machining an xt half way through to just make them heavier. The clutch thing should be a boon for 1×10 folks like myself though.

clubber
    Free Member

I think the cranks look good. SLX is certainly looking like the optimum price point for function/cost (assuming similar pricing to current SLX)

timmys

“clutch rear mech” – pls explain

the blurb seems to imply that, unless the clutch is engaged, the bottom cage isn’t normally tensioning the chain – that right ??!!111ol

Ed: minimal googlage suggests it’s either a means of increasing spring tension or maybe adding damping – no idea which (or both) as they’re “all” just rehashing a not very clear shimano press release

Just read up on the current XTR Shadow Plus Mech (M985), its the same thing.

eg. http://www.bicycling.com/mountainbikecom/bikes-gear/tested-shimano-xtr-shadow-plus-rear-derailleur

scruff
    Free Member

So are they now going to do a proper double and bash ?

godzilla
    Free Member

Anyone know when it’s going to be available?

clubber
    Free Member

The article says May/June IIRC

godzilla
    Free Member

Ballz, I can’t wait that long 🙁

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Anyone else think those cranks look horrible? They should have just stuck to the previous design.

speaker2animals

I do think those new SLX look better than the new XT, not by much but to a degree. To be honest IMHO Shimano have lost the plot with crank design recently. The new XTR are ok in 2 ring but not sure the 3 ring looks as good.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s one problem with the aesthetics of those cranks…

The current SLX cranks look a heck of a lot better. Unless the new cranks are significantly cheaper than current SLX then I won’t be sinking my pennies there. Sorry Shimano…

…while I’m at it Big ‘S’, you are still going to manufacture nine speed cassettes at SLX level for a while I hope?

mokl
    Free Member

Am I the only one that is starting to feel vaguely annoyed that we are being tempted with “2013” product when 2012 has barely gotten started? Looks good though, although I also prefer the aesthetics of the current cranks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My existing SLX cranks are, IMO, some of the best looking cranks I’ve seen. These new ones don’t look quite as good.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Am I missing something but the brakes look the same as 2012 version? Thought the ice tech rotors and finned pads were available this year too?

wagenwheel

What he said….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2013 SLX’ is closed to new replies.