Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2011 Stmpjumper EVO
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Looking at getting a 2011 Stumpy EVO in the sales and was wondering about peoples views. Any owners care to share? Got a decent write up in the MBR Long termers piece. Is the rear really that wibbly? Would hope I could use a DT Swiss 10mm axle to stiffen it up.

Rickos
    Free Member

Anyone?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2011 Carbon Comp Stumpy (the non EVO version) which has aluminium chain/seat stays and one of the first things I replaced was the dreadful Spesh QR on the rear (cam action is poor, so couldn’t get enough torque to really tighten – slight vibrations from rear disk were enough to loosen the QR!) I put one of the standard wind up DT skewers on and haven’t noticed any undue wibblyness since – sessioned part of ‘The Beast of Hope Cross’ descent and it felt great & it also feels OK when chucked around berms. A 10mm DT sounds a good option.

HTH

cnud
    Free Member

Lovin my Stumpy Evo, no issues at all and I can’t say that I notice any detrimental rear end flex and I have another bike with Maxles, but then I’m just not that gnarr. I too ride in the Peak and have done most trail centres from Wales to Scotland on it with no probs at all. I’ve changed to a Reverb and put a Haven stem and bars on and a carbon frame bash guard, but that’s all for the mo. Only thing I’m considering is to have the shock pushed as it is quite squishy. All my buddies comment on how sweet it looks and how light it is whenever it is unloaded.

catnash
    Free Member

Love mine, have swapped the forks for revelation dual position. No problems with the OEM forks, but I thought I needed to lower the front for some of the trails I do at brechfa. (11.11 miles yesterday with 1708 ft of climbing gain. 2hr11min moving time.). Just had a Garmin 200, dont know what those figures mean.

It’s great for long climbs and like a rocket going down. 70mm stem, CF bar. Handles the rough tracks with ease. The original BB went awol after a few hours, new one has lasted 6 months. Have moved the wheels saddle over to a 456 build. Using lighter wheels Roval EL’s. Its quite light havent weighed it. It’s very balanced.

Rickos
    Free Member

Oops! I seem to have bought one. I’ll be swapping out the SRAM gears and stuff for my XT 10 speed though and I’ll probably swap the forks straight away too. And the brakes.

Bring on the fun!

catnash
    Free Member

Welcome to the club Rickos. I like the SRAM stuff, though you should get a good price for the SRAM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2011 Stmpjumper EVO’ is closed to new replies.