Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2010 Revelation Race or Team maxle? Anyone compared the two?
  • mrl

Looking at the above forks, the Team with the black box damping (is that the only difference?) seem the better fork but does seem to cost quiet a lot more. Is the black box that much better than the motion control on the race forks?

Also if anyone know of any good deals that would be great.

Cheers

qwerty
    Free Member

dunno – but if you want a bargain there is a '09 version, nearly new for £250 on ebay

snakebite
    Free Member

I have both, Race on the HT and Team on the FS. tHE MAIN DIFFERENCE i CAN SEE AFTER A COUPLE OF WEEKS IS THE COLOUR. the team forks are black, the race are white…..

mrl

Any other opinions?

chakaping
    Free Member

I don't think many people will have used both yet, as they're both new for 2010.

FWIW I've used a normal Rev and the Reba Team (w/Maxle), and I think the improvement in damping is very noticeable.

It means the fork performs better over bumpy stuff like roots and rocks. It keeps the wheel in touch with the ground more of the time and doesn't spike like Motion Control can sometimes.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I've had 5 motion control forks (pikes x2, recon, reba and rev) before my reba team with blackbox and i think it definitely rides better. Not sure if they ride £100+ better though, i suppose it depends on your choice and price of alternatives.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wonder, can you fit the Blackbox damping into an earlier fork?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm……….

retro83
    Free Member

Is black box just a shimmed rebound circuit like the Push upgrade, or is there more to it?

julianwilson
    Free Member

…if the internal diameter if the uppers is the same, i shouldn't see why not. The rest of my reba team is just like my old reba inside, just 5mm longer uppers to bump it up to 120mm travel. only thing i could see would be it not fitting in older ones at 80mm in case the damper cartridge is longer than the old mc one.

snakebite
    Free Member

and to be fair, my black box forks blew their seals after 3 weeks…..just waiting for a replacement set 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Is black box just a shimmed rebound circuit like the Push upgrade, or is there more to it?

I don't know the answer to this for sure, but I suspect you could be right. The Reba Team is a very good match for my Pushed rear shock anyway.

If it wasn't for wanting the Maxle as well, I would have got my old Rev Pushed instead.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2010 Revelation Race or Team maxle? Anyone compared the two?’ is closed to new replies.