Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2010 Pure i900
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Anyone got one of the 2010 pure i900 adjustable seat posts?

Can't decide if to get the i900 with remote, or get the i950 without remote and then get the remote kit later (apparently released in June). The i900 + remote is the same cost as the i950 sans remote.

So it comes down to whether the i950 is any better, and whether the i900 remote is still sh1te or not (they've redesigned it for lock ons I believe), as if it is i'll need to buy a joplin on for it anyway.

So…. anyone got either a 2010 i900 / i950 and wants to write a 5 minute review?

duntstick
    Free Member

I've just got my 2009 KS with remote back (after a wait of 3 months)
    after being repaired. The usual scratches due to bad internal fault and crappy remote lever broken.

The new lever looks far better and less likely to break. I'm told the internals are now updated to 2010 spec.

I wish companies didn't do all the product testing on their customers.

I'll be riding it tomorrow for the first time, so I'll let you know, but when it was working it was a bl**dy marvel.

Ewan
    Free Member

Cool – my mates lever broke as well – he stuck a joplin on it and now loves it.

Anyone else tried the 2010 version?

knott4me
    Free Member

Yep.returned after 3 rides. Stanchion wore 3 big grooves down the back.got my money back thank God.

timmys

I bought an i900 June 2009 and it very quickly developed the scratches. I got round to getting it replaced (3 day turn around) September 2009. Since then, ie. over the winter, it has been spot on, no probs at all, so i think they really have improved since the originals.

supinerider
    Free Member

I've been very tempted by these but the rumours* of rock shox and x-fusion each making their own adjustable posts put me right off.

Think you're better off waiting at least until the Sea Otter Classic – rock shox are supposedly showing off their 'Reverb' post then.

*rumour from mtbr – could well be a load of ****

duntstick
    Free Member

Not just a rumour

…………….x-fusion one here……..

supinerider
    Free Member

Ooh. Looks good. Would match my frame nicely. Needs a remote though.

Anything that keeps me from buying from Superstar is a good thing.

nasher
    Free Member

ewan

i have the i900 with remote, the remote is ace and replaces a clamp on your odi lock on grips.a nice touch.

only difference with the 950 and 900 is that the 950 has a lighter clamp assembly and can be used a bit more in line, the 900 is mmore lay back.

a lot os our french customers use the i900 and nico voulioz had one on his bike. all of them rate it and have no problems.

one had a joplin that was leaking a lot of oil.

I think its down to how well the item can cope with UK mud…

I am happy with mine and have had no problems after 4 months..

vikingboy
    Free Member

Got 950 sat on my shelf but haven't fitted it yet. Shame remote kit is months away…..might try and cobble together a diy job with my old reba lock out lever?

qcamel
    Free Member

I have been using a 2010 for about 7 weeks now, 3 rides per week average. Do not have remote lever but have also had no reliability issues either…. To date I am a happy customer…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2010 Pure i900’ is closed to new replies.