Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2009 Reba Team w/Maxle, opinions.
  • AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

These look very nice, and muy older Rebas (couple of forks back now) were very good (not sure why I ever changed?) what are the 2009 ones like, any different, better, worse?

Any owners care to share their thoughts on them?

Cheers.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

couldn’t you rob a pair from stock, try them, and then bosh them back if you don’t like them?

chakaping
    Free Member

Very good. Light-ish, supple, stiff.

Had one on my Cove Handjob for three rides so far and it’s brilliant.

Was reasonably impressed in the winter slop on first outing, but now everything’s frozen and hard it’s really let me test how well the fork holds a line over hard bumpy technical sort of stuff. And the answer is “very well indeed”.

Highly recommended so far. Such a shame there’s not a U-Turn version, or I’d get one for my Trance too. There isn’t is there?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Now if life was that easy i’d be giving the Intense Tracer a go! No try before you buy scheme I am afraid, I have to do my research like the rest of you 🙁

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

No there is not a u-turn version that I am aware of, though I am planning on putting them on my Trance!

Current fork is a 120mm though with a long axle to crown length and it handles just fine, so should even be a bit quicker with these as they are not quite so long…

chakaping
    Free Member

Should be great on the Trance, yeah. I’m going to give them a go on mine at some point – could make it the perfect trail centre/big day out bike (for me).

WMB has a mini-review of the fork in the new issue btw, scored 9/10.

They don’t mention the “Blackbox” damping at all though, annoyingly. I’d have liked to known what they thought of it compared to Motion Control.

It doesn’t play “Ride on time”, unfortunately.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Thanks, will have a ponder, problem is that if i go for them I have to sell my existing forks, and some other bits, including regretfully my Joystick Maxx, no other bits I could lose that would raise the money to pay back my Mastercard!!

bigrich

it’s those or the 140mm 09 maxle revelat-o-pikes for me.

Marmite
    Free Member

Yes one of the guys just mantioned the revs, not sure 140mm full time would be right for ther Trance

bigrich

if its anything like my old dual air ones, you can fiddle with the positve and negative air chambers to make it shorten a bit. super stiff and light I reckon

Marmite
    Free Member

Got the old forks, and the Revs in my office sat side by side.

New Revs will only increase f to c by 12mm, reckon I could cope with that! Like you say you could use the pressure to drop them into the travel if you wanted.

Resistance is getting harder….anyone want a Joystick Maxx! 😕

bigrich

can you post some pics of the revs? I havent seem them in the flesh!

Marmite
    Free Member

Here you go, lovely.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice fork, and you’ve done a good job of getting the tide mark off that wall as well.

Marmite
    Free Member

Ha, repainted the wall!!

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Like he said, paint covers a lot!

bigrich

i reckon they might be the hot forks of 09. cheap,light,stiff and work.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Well I just bought mine!

Now need to get the Minutes, Joystick, Rechargeable Screwdriver, etc etc on ebay!! What fun 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Reba or Rev?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Rev, though got to get them past the fun ploice, and she always has such convincing arguments as to why what i have is good enough…!!

Boring stuff like credit card bill getting too high, daughter to feed and clothe, stuff like that.

So they could end up coming back! 🙁

Temporarily……..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2009 Reba Team w/Maxle, opinions.’ is closed to new replies.