Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2007 Orange P7 – singlespeed sliping dropouts – any fixes?
  • stupot
    Free Member

So i have set my P7 to singlespeed but the sliding dropout (drive side) keep slipping and losing chain tension.

Tried to tighten the fixings some more but stripped the threads! 😳

Have tried to through bolt the stripped hole but it still doesn't work, any other ideas?

Was thinking maybe a spacer that sits in the slot and stops the think moving forward

Macavity
    Free Member

There is stuff like http://www.kemfast.com/content/adhesives-sealants/ez-grip-compound-new.html
    that is usefull for preventing stuff sliding, creates friction between two smooth metal surfaces.
    Although it is designed for allen keys in allen screws and screw drivers in screws to prevent them silpping it can be used for other things.

Wibble89
    Free Member

2007 P7's had big problems with dropouts sliding forwards. Go into your dealer and ask if they will warranty it. If you haven't had to warranty it before then its likely that you had the thinner MK1 dropouts. The MK2 dropouts are thicker so you can torque them more, and the brake side has 3 bolts to help prevent sliding.

if they wont you can buy here [/url]

Also make sure that the two surfaces, frame and dropout are very clean and grease free before assembling then its shouldn't slip. If that fails then as you say make a spacer, I was using bits of zip tie jammed in the slot for a while which worked well and you can tension the chain as it stretches by adding more.

Mackem

Get the newer droouts from Orange. I did this and have had no problems since. The dropouts are thicker and the bolts a bit more substantial.

stupot
    Free Member

Its my drive side thats slipping, brake seems ok so far. Will try the warrenty route first have spoken to orange, they are gonna send new bits out. Ifthe problem is still happening then spacers (maybe zipties) will be my next option!

Mackam, did you have to increase the size of the slot to take the larger dia bolt?

stevemcnalls
    Free Member

Second on getting the newer MK2 drop outs, I had terrible problems until I changed, not as bad now.

On one used to sell chain tugs which worked great also. Don't think they sell them anymore though.

Steve

anlegov
    Free Member

I posted some pics of my solution to this problem before, but I can't find the thread now – maybe it got deleted. Anyway, I made some replacement sliding dropouts with screw adjusters. This is the MkI version:

the newer ones have fatter screw adjusters. It solves the problem, but it is a problem that shouldn't have needed solving in the first place.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2007 Orange P7 – singlespeed sliping dropouts – any fixes?’ is closed to new replies.