Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • £200 to send on mobile phone?
  • sp
    Free Member

I’m being refunded £200 for the cost of my current smart phone. The question is what replacement should I get, needs to be SIM free

PePPeR

There’s a scruffy HTC One M8 in the classifieds, otherwise if you want shiny look elsewhere.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Nexus 4 for £129 on Expansys or Nexus 5 for £239.

takisawa2

Nexus5 no question.

Written on my HTC). 😐

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Me I’d get a Moto G try one.

andyl
    Free Member

£40 extra for an N5.

N4 isn’t bad though. Unplugged mine mid day yesterday and lollipops new battery monitor is predicting it needing to be plugged in on Tuesday morning – and that is with using it for calls, emails, some web and flight 24 during dog walks. Didn’t realise I have about 14 chrome tabs open the other day either – no sign of slowing down.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Moto G. Best sub £300 phone ever, and can be bought for just over £100

sp
    Free Member

I’m being refunded following a succession of faulty nexus 4. Have thought of the nexus 5 but see its not G4. Does G4 capability make that much difference with mobile Web?

andyl
    Free Member

do you mean 4G? Nexus 5 is 4G LTE, Nexus 4 was HSDPA+ which is still >3G s not exactly slow and your networks availability will probably mean you hardly get 4G anyway.

ElShalimo

Where can you get a Moto G for “just over £100”?

sp
    Free Member

Oops yes sent 4G, thank you

adrec
    Free Member

I’ve got a boxed htc one, warranty replacement, never opened etc if that floats your boat. It might be locked to ee but maybe not as it came from htc not the network. 300 quid plus from a quick Google I’ve just done

spooky_b329

Moto G – used to be able to get it for £105ish at Tesco on prepay, £3 to unlock on ebay. Spend the spare change on a motorola flip case for it…replaces the back cover of the phone so doesn’t really add any bulk to the phone.

Saw my brothers Nexus 5 yesterday, it dwarfs my Nexus 4. Too big!

sp
    Free Member

HI I don’t think id go for a non shop purchased phone given the hassle I’ve had with the Nexus 4. The N5 was winning but the size is now putting me off, not sure my trouser pocket will cope with more bulk

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Moto G LTE from Tesco and buy a 32Gb expansion card. Has 4g if you need it but camera is not the best. Screen is very good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘£200 to send on mobile phone?’ is closed to new replies.