Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 170mm reverb in a medium canyon strive
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

Has anyone done this and will it fit?
    my 150mm post still shows a lot of post (long legs short body) and hinders on the steep stuff so wouldn’t mind getting it out of the way a tad more, i think it’ll go given I’ve tons of post showing on the 150mm one i have in at the moment..

br
    Free Member

I’ve a 170mm in my large Camber.

Bought the frame s/h and the Spesh Command post it came with needed to be out past the ‘limit of insertion line’ for my legs.

No problems, had it since May last year.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Easy way to find out, drop the post another 20mm down…..

chiefgrooveguru

Easy way to find out, drop the post another 20mm down…..

40mm because the 170mm version is 480mm total length vs 150mm @ 440mm. I managed to fit one in my medium Spitfire but a shorter rider wouldn’t have been able to get the hose out of the stealth routing port.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

40mm because the 170mm version is 480mm total length vs 150mm @ 440mm. I managed to fit one in my medium Spitfire but a shorter rider wouldn’t have been able to get the hose out of the stealth routing port.

So 60mm then? ❓ 😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ check this stuff carefully and remember swapping from a connectamajig to a plain connector can free another inch too

chiefgrooveguru

Definitely 40mm: 20mm more slidey bit, collar thus 20mm lower and another 20mm of tube in the frame.

I had to remove the Connectamajig from mine.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i think ive got enough room then, my current 440mm post has loads sticking out the frame, will check when i get home later.

carlphillips
    Free Member

just for info the 170mm post fits a treat but had to remove the connectamijig thingy whatsit.

switchback
    Free Member

carlphillips – interested to know how much seatpost you now have showing between frame & the collar on the reverb

Have medium strive race with 125mm reverb and 50mm post showing at the moment

The 170mm is 45mm longer so would only leave 5mm of post showing so looking borderline – with your experience do you think this would work?

bigyinn
    Free Member

You really think having 20mm more drop is going to make a difference?

switchback
    Free Member

Maybe 20mm would not make massive difference that why i am considering going for the 170mm option as it would mean an extra 45mm drop which i think would be noticeable

honourablegeorge

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

So 60mm then?

20m of the extra lenth is above the collar as the longer (170mm) shaft – so 20mm extra length plus 20mm lower into the frame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘170mm reverb in a medium canyon strive’ is closed to new replies.