Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 17 'potentials' and counting…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s going on with women at the moment?
    I’ve been on dating site for a while now (not Ton’s one) and have had a steady stream of interest. However this weekend it’s like I’m the only guy on the site.
    I’m inundated with messages, having to ignore winks, to be honest I can’t keep up and I’m starting to feel like a bit of an internet slag. I’m struggling to respond to just the one’s with potential!

Do women really not want to spend the long winter nights alone this badly, or is it the fact that I’ve updated my profile to say I want kids at some point?

tthew

Mailing list been sold to Thaibrides.com?

StirlingCrispin

The kids thing.

sharki
    Free Member

It’s true that women want a winter man, then dump them when the spring arrives.

Or have you been swiping images off the fri stw thread and pretend you look like surfmat

Bunnyhop

Do they understand that a Yeti is a push bike and not some horrible, hairy scary monster that lurks?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sharki – I borrowed that one of you from way back. Hope you don’t mind. It’s proved a bit tricky explaining how the ‘now’ picture is me with dark hair still looking 30(ish).

I’m not sure if monster or bike is more of a turn-off.

cinnamon_girl

TSY – we don’t understand ourselves, how can we answer those questions??!!

samuri
    Free Member

Do they understand that a Yeti is a push bike and not some horrible, hairy scary monster that lurks?

If they don’t then I think we’ve found his selection criteria. 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

what, er, dating site is that?

purely for research purposes you understand…

sharki
    Free Member

From way back?

The one of me rotavating the garden in jeans and a army jumper?

Christ man, i was 12, what dating site are you using, plentyofpedo’s.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah the one with Owl footwear… maybe it’s just that ladies love Owl daps.

ahwhiles… match…. if you’re research can answer this it’s be much appreciated.

sharki
    Free Member

oh them, yes they love em. They thought i was a right hoot..or was it a twit…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

a steady stream of interest

Hur hur Kyak!

Anyway, back on topic, maybe they are looking for a winter hack?

cinnamon_girl

Well, I have to say that my experience of that site was not good. Was receiving messages from 29 year olds asking me if ‘I wanted to have some fun’. I am hardly ‘cougar’ material. 🙄

Then there were the sleazy older ones who thought they could cut it. Me a bimbo?

Despite my saying I was looking for someone keen on outdoor persuits, I just couldn’t deal with any more inadequates who were unable to string a sentence together. Membership cancelled.

I’m done with internet dating and have moved on.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well C_G I think you hit the nail on the head there. I go for a more civilised approach and talk to the ladies on there in much the same way I would in normal life. It sounds like it’s a differnet experience for the average woman and average guy. Finger crossed I’ll be done with it soon…

cinnamon_girl

Ah but what is an average woman or average guy? We ride bikes so we are a bit different/special. 😉

Frankly, I would rather talk with someone face to face, rely on my very strong intuition, pick up on body language.

Do hope you have success though. 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Funnily enough I had a ‘look-see’ on one of them last week and have had about 40 ‘contact requests’ and I haven’t even paid any money yet!

Bloody scary – but not half as scared as they’ll be if I get round to posting a pic of myself 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thanks C_G. Luckily they’re forthcoming with their numbers! It’s all a bit of fun really isn’t it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘17 'potentials' and counting…’ is closed to new replies.