Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • £1500 HT suggestions?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

As mentioned in the “853 frame” thread I’m after a new lightish short travel trail hardtail, I’ve looked at all the normal options and ended up with the following –

Genesis Altitude 30
    Cotic Soul
    Pipedream Sirius
    Rock Lobster Ti
    Whyte 905

Has anyone got any experiences of the above or can suggest anything I might not have thought/heard of? It’s going to be my 2nd bike so I’m not averse to something a bit quirkier…(I’m quite liking the look of the niner range so if anyone knows where I can get a test ride that’d be ace.)

Houns

Try the New Voodoo D-Jab

djglover
    Free Member

905, really a very very good bike, I have a 853 road bike (including the seat stays for the benefit of the previous thread!) and the 905 is a super compliant ride. I’ve ridden my brothers similarly built up 456 and used to have a PA and they were heavy sheds, in comparison the 905 is amazing, emulating the feel of a high end steel bike in a way, but laterally stiffer, definitely the best HT I’ve ridden or owned

cinnamon_girl

I did post up asking for comments on the Genesis but no response!

The Pipedream Sirius got a good review in the mags and I’ve managed to get one from the Classifieds for my son. Such a shame that it’s a gate and there’s no way I will be able to ride it 🙄

More info on the Voodoo please …

longweight
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Looked at the dialled but its too much bike really…

ampthill

I’m assuming you’ve seen all the stuff on http://www.bikeradar.com

My only other sugestion is an orange p7 pro. Much loved by MBR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘£1500 HT suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.