Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 140mm fork recommendations
  • GEDA
    Free Member

I have a Dialled bikes Alpine that I am currently got a pair of Marzocchi 55 forks on. Nice forks but if a am honest a bit long. Before I had a pair of coil Pikes on them. They seemed the correct amount of travel but the rebound control is not half as good as the Marzocchis and suffered on fast stoney downhills.

Can you retrofit the Blackbox rebound assembly on to Coil Pikes (I know you can do it with the Air forks)? Any other recommendations for some stiff 140mm forks that do not take that much looking after?

Mackem

I like my RockShox Sektors.

jimmers
    Free Member

+1 Sektors

I have the u-turn version and useful for setting the travel. I don’t really change during a ride just to suit different riding locations.

Local woods 130mm
    Out in the hills (Peaks, Wales) – 140mm
    Descent with big rocks – 150mm

Edit: I have the coil version, cheap as chips and just work.

GEDA
    Free Member

Sectors are like Pikes though are they not?

wwaswas

I like my Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti’s – no idea of length vs a pair of 55’s though.

flyingmonkeycorps

Yeah don’t Sektors have the same(ish) damping as Pikes – certainly not Blackbox.

Could you not reduce the travel on the 55s? I’m pretty sure it’s just a spacer.

GEDA
    Free Member

Does reducing the travel mean sticking a spacer in that limits the travel but they are just as tall or sinking the fork down? Would be interested to know.

topangarider
    Free Member

Magura Thor

ferrit
    Free Member

Why not get some 44 RC3 Tis? Running these on my PA and they’re perfect. Fit and forget too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno about fitting blackbox internals but you can get coil Pikes PUSHed to improve the damping.

br
    Free Member

+1 Thor

Stiff and work well, yearly service

BadlyWiredDog

Can you retrofit the Blackbox rebound assembly on to Coil Pikes (I know you can do it with the Air forks)? Any other recommendations for some stiff 140mm forks that do not take that much looking after?

Yes, I’m pretty sure you can – you want the Dual Rebound damper rather than Black Box, which is the MoCo unit, LoCo off here sells them or you can find them on eBay. It’s more problematic with the coil Sektor because that has a top-out spring as part of the rebound damper assembly, though I just popped it onto the dual rebound assembly and it seems fine. The top-out spring on the coil Pike is in the coil leg btw, so not an issue.

It’s a really good, easy upgrade and makes a big difference on repeated high speed stuff like fast, rocky descents.

I’ve also just put a Pushed rebound stack from a Pike on a 130mm Revelation. There seems to be plenty of room despite the rebound damper rod being slightly longer. HTH.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘140mm fork recommendations’ is closed to new replies.