Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • 100 push up challenge
  • organic355
    Free Member

I seem to remember a thread on here about this last year?

So whos with me? I am going to start tonight!!

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

wwaswas

my wrists don’t bend far enough for me to do push ups on the palms of my hands – I always have to use my fists and then my knuckles ache.

suprised they use a picture of a kid to promote it – I’ve never seen one do a press up that looks right.

soobalias
    Free Member

never got past about 50 in the past

following a nasty wrist break back in august, i still cant do a single proper press-up.

i do have push up bars, but still feel thats cheating and I will keep pushing till my wrist will do it properly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok i am in

donsimon
    Free Member

my wrists don’t bend far enough for me to do push ups on the palms of my hands – I always have to use my fists and then my knuckles ache.

Push up bars?

grievoustim
    Free Member

I use the iPhone app – I’ve been stuck on week 3 level 3 forever (I can complete day 3 on a good day only) but TBH I’m ok with this – doing the routine has done wonders for my upper body strength and I don’t want to get any bigger as I’m happy being a skinny git

miketually
    Free Member

I started this last week, doing the middle column. I really struggled on day 3, so I’m starting again with week 1, day 1, middle column tomorrow evening.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m in.. I started this last year but hurt myself doing the initial test and lost interest.. 😳

organic355
    Free Member

right post your test results tomorrow, however embarrassing!!

EDIT: Push up test, not any clinic results

sugdenr
    Free Member

Hmmm, I have been thinking about this so suppose I should get on and do it.

SST
    Free Member

I’m in – i’ll start next Monday . . . .

jamiep
    Free Member

It will be my third time in about 6 months trying this… Wonder if I’ll manage to get beyond a fortnight, unlike previously.

There’s an Android app, which makes it easier to be bothered to do it

Keva
    Free Member

my personal best is 96 in two minutes. back in 2006. I would probably struggle to do 50 at the moment.

Kev

finbar
    Free Member

That programme is absolute horse****. Progression to 100 push-ups in six weeks, regardless of your starting ability. Right… 🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

Quite.
    I think it was developed as a joke 🙂
    Has anyone (excluding people who can already do 50 press-ups) managed to completed it?

donsimon
    Free Member

Tried it last year and for some bizarre reason I ended up in column three all the time, got to week five before a knackered shoulder put me on rest duties. Now using push up bars and doing slow and controlled push ups in repeated sets of 5, 6, 7 or whatever until tired, which seem to be having a greater effect.

organdonor
    Free Member

Interested to give it a go…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Just got down on the office floor and bashed out 12, so I’m in column 3.

Dammit!

rossi46
    Free Member

😳 I died after 10………..
    Practice makes perfect i guess 😆

sugdenr
    Free Member

Quite.
    I think it was developed as a joke
    Has anyone (excluding people who can already do 50 press-ups) managed to completed it?

Oh right, then I am OUT…… 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

I think it was developed as a joke

I don’t think you’d get from zero to 100 in the time, but if you keep repeating weeks until to can comfortably complete them, you’ll progress. If I get to being able to do 20 or 30 in one set, that’d be a considerable improvement for me and I’d be happy.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just tried it now (not done a single press up since I left school I don’t think ?)

Managed 24 before my wrists gave up !

Pretty pleased with that really 😀 (39 years old, don’t go to gym etc)

chiefgrooveguru

Restarted it a few days ago. Did 30 on my test which I swear is due to recently improved posture (shoulder blades back and down!)

Nick

Managed 16 but I was nicely warmed up after helping at the after school cross country club.

Maybe not, be interesting to see if any of us manage it eh!

I generally do 25, a 90 second plank, then another 25, then 25 dumbell curls on each arm with 15kg and 100 sit ups. The push ups I do slow though to make them harder. I’ll give 100 a go later.

*edit* 50 straight is no problem and if you keep it up every night, 100 should be easily achievable in 6 weeks. I’d like to see people doing them with straight backs though – makes me laugh when you see folk doing them and they look like they are trying to do the caterpillar 😉

Northwind

I started it last year but after about 3 weeks it started to ramp up far too fast for me- totally stopped my progress, even after redoing weeks. So I got pissed off with it in the end, just became totally disspiriting. I enjoyed it while it was achievable though but the plan didn’t work for me.

beej

I got to week 5 day 3, but it took me three months to get there. I think I could do about 65-70 consecutive at that time.

tazzymtb

are you really telling me you can’t do a 100 already?

jeebus

the 200 squat thing is quite funny as well

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i might be in, i’ll have a look tomorrow.

Just done 75 in 58 seconds, then faded (had two pints though). Left it a minute and did the remaining 25.

Will do 100 straight later, or tomorrow.

mrblobby
    Free Member

18 in a minute for me and felt like I was going to be sick towards the end. Just had a pizza and a couple of ciders though which probably didn’t help. If this actually works I may be tempted to give it a go but going by what’s on here it’ll take me a year to complete week one 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Just done 75 in 58 seconds, then faded (had two pints though). Left it a minute and did the remaining 25.

My hero….

miketually
    Free Member

Just done 75 in 58 seconds

You’re not doing them properly. Take 2 second down and 3 seconds up; how many can you do then?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

yeah if your doing them that quickly your form is rubbish and your using momentum. i always struggle to do lots of reps of anything but i think its because my form is good. i could do 50 super clean pressups within a few weeks, how much further icould go im not sure. but flapping about like that dick isnt my style

hs125
    Free Member

Just had a look at week 6 and that looks tough. May give it a go though.

You’re not doing them properly. Take 2 second down and 3 seconds up; how many can you do then?

Just done another 25 with that timing – normally do them slow (not quite that slow though) see my earlier post.

Bear in mind I’ve just done 100 fast though and 50 x 15kg curls, as well as 30 sit-ups with 15kg on my chest, so I’m a bit pooped.

Will try slow ones from the off tomorrow – won’t manage anywhere near 100 though.

miketually
    Free Member

Bear in mind I’ve just done 100 fast though and 50 x 15kg curls, as well as 30 sit-ups with 15kg on my chest, so I’m a bit pooped.

And pissed.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Ok just downloaded the app it’s not bad actually, did 24 so it started me at week 3 which to much so I’ve started on wk 2 and can just about manage that.
    Anyway I’m in

dirk_pumpa – Member

yeah if your doing them that quickly your form is rubbish and your using momentum. i always struggle to do lots of reps of anything but i think its because my form is good. i could do 50 super clean pressups within a few weeks, how much further icould go im not sure. but flapping about like that dick isnt my style

No need to get insulting, I know how to do a press-up ffs. When I’m in the gym, it’s low reps (10-15) with as much weight as I can manage, slowly.

donsimon
    Free Member

Will try slow ones from the off tomorrow – won’t manage anywhere near 100 though.

Doesn’t matter, you’re still my hero.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘100 push up challenge’ is closed to new replies.