Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • 10 More in Moray Thread
  • devs
    Free Member

How'd you all get on then? We were short of marshals so I couldn't race solo. I got one lap in. What a difference from Thurs when we marked the course out. It was wet and gloopy then, the wind dried it out a treat. One poor fella was taken to A&E after being the subject of a push and run by somebody who didn't stop to hear the curses coming from the ditch! Everyone else seemed to have a good time. Plenty of smiles anyways.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Was the guy taken to A+E riding for Walkers cc wearing a black top?

devs
    Free Member

I do believe he was, yes.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

What happened exactly? Please explain

devs
    Free Member

No witnesses but my pal who was marshalling close to the point where it happened heard a lot of cursing and swearing and went to investigate. He found the guy in a ditch in a lot of pain but more angry that the person responsible hadn't stopped. He said he shoved him whilst going past but obviously this is only 3rd hand so shouldn't be treated as gospel. He injured his shoulder but I'm not sure how. You sound a little concerned, you're not the mystery shover by any chance are you?

Bikepimp
    Free Member

No. I had a message from him and told me he dislocated his shoulder yesterday 🙁

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Oh forgot to mention any event should be treated and ridden in a responsible manner because people are out to enjoy it and at the end of the day no one is making a living out of it!

jordie
    Free Member

everybody i met and spoke to was having a great time.My wife and dad even came along for a day out and they had a great day watching people trying there best to keep gazebos tied down. I have not been out in a windy day like that for ages

bruneep

Sorry to hear that about the chap.

I was glad of the wind tho. How warm would it have been if it wasn't there.

jordie
    Free Member

the wind was a bonus push going up that long fireroad

soulrider
    Free Member

I was in the ambulance that went and picked him up.
    We had to drive out very slowly as every bump hurt him quite badly even on the painkilling gas.

It was a great event, the sun shone, the marshalls did a great job (Thanks DeVs) Everyone who at the end of the day seemed to have smiles on their faces!
    I rode down the singletrack descent to the end this afternoon. It was Fantastic so so so Fast..

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Soulrider thanks for that and wished him a speedy recovery 🙂

footflaps

Wasn't the infamous 'race leader' who pushed him?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Good to meet you yesterday DeVs.

Great event once again. There's always a superb atmosphere at 10MiM and yesterday didn't disappoint Perfect weather, fast circuit, brilliant final descent.

Well done to No Fuss and MMBC and thanks to all the marshalls, especially the ones who helped me seal a puncture on my second lap after I'd forgotten to take a pump…

Shame about the injured rider. My team-mate was riding with him when it happened; guy just barged through without even making his presence known.

bruneep

and the best team name goes to the Trio Sen Female team.

Trio Sen Female
    234) Tres Conyos – Liz Johnson
    235) Tres Conyos – Nats Shering
    236) Tres Conyos – Nics Johnson

tut tut ladies! 😉

swavis

Went along for a look and it seemed like everybody was enjoying it. Great weather, if a little windy.
    Can't believe some pratt did that to a fellow competitor though, @rse!!
    Where did it happen soulrider/devs?

stanfree
    Free Member

DeVs what did the route comprise of as Im a exiled Elgin loon who is planning a trip home soon and wouldn't mind doing a bit of biking whilst visiting the Oldies.

soulrider
    Free Member

Swav, it was low down on the Haggis, where you cross the bottom Fireroad
    and but back up to ride the newer trail that was cut for the 07 race

it happened on that piece of fireroad.

stanfree, the race route consists of The Monster trails in the Ordiquish woods by fochabers
    you cant do the first climb as it is normally a descent (it just makes for a good climb in the race) that is the Soup Dragon (and it is a cracking descent as well)
    it then heads over the top of Gordzilla and into the Haggis doing the whole of the Haggis. Though the second time you reach the Fireroad turn right, instead of going straight on, and ride 100yds and do an acute left turn in a really nice swoopy piece of singletrack that links back into the Main Haggis artery.
    keep going til you get back to the top of the hill.
    the main race route goes down a walkers trail that is not marked.
    it is on the left opposite the top of the Dragon's tail
    but you do have a choice – the race route, The Soup Dragon and the Gully Monster.
    There is of course a pretty good red route over in the Whiteash woods and some stuff and BEn Aigen – and then the Oakwoods by Elgin and Monaughty just a few miles away.
    I normally ride all 3 just cutting back up at the obvious points..
    enjoy.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just had an email from my team-mate re. the incident which he wants me to post:

"Stu, have just had a look at Singletrack forum and the 10 More in Moray thread about the bloke having the accident is bugging me a little……..perhaps you could post what did happen.

Just before the big puddle I got past the bloke that had the accident…..on the wee climb after the puddle I got past by a youngish lad who said nothing, he barged past (nearly clipping me in the process) on a fairly wide bit of track. I got past him again before the road and I guess the bloke that crashed also did as we exited onto the fireroad pretty quickly. Anyhow he caught up with me and we started chatting. As we neared the sharp left the young lad we had passed obviously decided he wanted to get onto the singletrack before the old farts and came steaming through pretty near to the edge of the road. As a result of nearly falling in the ditch himself he leaned into crash bloke clipping his bars and sending him flying. We were about 5 yards from the marshall who started walking over to crash bloke now lying in the ditch cursing at the young lad (what the f#ck were you trying to do…type thing). With the marshall on the scene and the young lad getting a verbal bashing I decided to keep going.

I was the bloke that left the scene but had absolutely nothing to do with the accident and very nearly ended up being taken down by the guy that crashed. Hopefully that sets the record straight. Found out he had a separated shoulder when I got back in. Best wishes to him"

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Soulrider , Ive done bits and pieces of Ordequish and It seemed pretty good . Next time Im up Im going to do Ben Aigen and probably some local bits and pieces in Elgin and Forres . Cant wait.

devs
    Free Member

Good to meet you too stuartie_c, always nice to put a face to the name. just like to add my best wishes to the injured bloke, hope he recovers soon. stanfree if you post on the Moray mountain bike forum when you come up you could either come on a club ride or you'll probably get someone to show you around the good stuff.
    I don't get the Tres Conyos bit? Can someone explain.

Edit – dinna bother I just googled it!

stanfree
    Free Member

Cheers Devs will do.

goggs
    Free Member

Results and video are up on the No Fuss Website.

bruneep

Bald & Balder 14th place 8 laps in 9:27:21

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Shit it were good- Hairy was marshalling at the top of a HUGE mile long hill 7.5miles into the course then it was awesome techy root core descent all the way home. I'd not payed any attention to who was in 4th, then on the last lap 10.5 hours in I looked back and saw these two squarewheels guys doing a roadie power train up the hill and knew it was them. I floored it down the descent, running on the ragged edge and shut them down by 15 seconds. I've been having flashbacks of looking back and seeing them and the fear- it made me jump up in bed twice last night.

Turns out, though, necking a whisky on the finish line when you're that knackered gets you pretty hammered pretty quick. Then having a half litre of chocolate milk 10 mins later makes you feel kinda funny.

bruneep

aye the squarewheel guys whizzed passed me on that climb so fast I got off my bike to check to see if I stopped! 😯

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I'd also like to apologise for my behaviour on the podium. I was drunk.

devs
    Free Member

Well done SpokesCycles, I did clock you from the forum but obviously couldn't say hello as you had other things on your mind when you kept going past me. Hairy sat up there all day bless him. Every club needs stalwarts like that who are prepared to put the time in. There's some pretty fast times this year, more competition at the top end I think.

trio25
    Free Member

Anyone have any pictures?

bruneep
    soulrider
    Free Member

There are pics on the no fuss site, in Photo sales

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

DeVs- if you see me at any of the other events, please say hello! It helps me keep going. I try and say hi to everyone I pass but sometimes my lungs run out of room for air AND words at the same time!

Hairy apparently shouted encouragement at about 10 people he thought were me until I came round! Thanks to him and all the other marshalls. I very much enjoyed Jo's "Top Gun" Marshalling.

devs
    Free Member

Don't worry SC, I'll say hello on my way past you! LOL! I'm not quite the right body type for these kind of events so the local one is the only one I do really. Although next year I'm aiming for 10 under and the TdBN also. I reckon I could have got 7-8 laps in solo on sat but for me that would be quite a massive undertaking.
    You can tell the good cyclists from where I marshalled; the last road crossing before you entered the field. That final off camber, windy descent out of the trees unstuck a lot of people. I was having to go up and retape all day. You were one of the better ones through but the boy on the pink bike was the best. He was chucking the bike through it like a DHer.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

One of the better ones? On my first lap I just headed straight on instead of 180ing toward the field! If everyone was like me you'd have not had 300 finishers!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘10 More in Moray Thread’ is closed to new replies.