Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • 10 @ kirroughtree
  • ijs445ra
    Free Member

was friendly and polite with no ‘race leader coming through’ shenanigans like last year

It was you that was saying that last year 😉

Good course, i made hardwork of the first half of each lap found it hard to get any rhythm but i put that down the mighty combo of a lack of skill and repeated poor line choice.

Second half was great fun and the natural sections were a good challenge. Could not have asked for better weather and the day was completed with awesome hog roast rolls at the end.

CalD
    Free Member

Glad you liked the video, hog roast was goood 🙂

dome
    Free Member

Had a cracing day, wasn’t as fit as I should have been so struggled on the climbs, really enjoyed the natural sections tho.

Here’s some of my pics from the transition area.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150244577203080.337849.526758079&l=94a9957412

Brian

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Great video mate. I even make a blurred back ground appearance at 2:58 😀

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Are the official results available online yet? Or any photos from the numerous people snapping away round the course??

footflaps

Almost full set of rider photos here:

Frazer

radoggair
    Free Member

results

results are up

radoggair
    Free Member

bump, results r up

trail_rat
    Free Member

No one caes loser !

trail_rat
    Free Member

No one caes loser !

soulrider
    Free Member

the lad with the back injury I saw happen!

it was a proper acrobatic flip over the bars.. am glad he is ok..
    he had the stuffing knocked right out of him, with some serious whimpering going on.
    I knew he was hurt and just shouted for the medics!

had a great time – first solo attempt – 8 laps – inexperience was telling – I should have managed 9 really. but spent too long in the pits, and also eased off too much laps 3 to 6…
    there is always next year!

stevio

i can’t see the results – all i get tis the pre event video & who’s coming….. Not that i was a podium rider.

Did everyone else try the spitroast, sorry i mean hogroast…… best commentator moment of the day….

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Below the vid, there is the list of solos pairs etc click on whichever one you are after

trail_rat
    Free Member

“and also eased off too much laps 3 to 6…”

YOu mean you didnt hold 150BPM all day ? – you need to have words with your self BJ – WWRD (what would radoggair do !);)

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

My first event and loved every minute, brilliant course and fantastic atmosphere all topped off with a very unexpected team medal.
    I’m absolutely in awe at the solos pulling consistent sub hour laps and being passed on the final climb by a fully rigid singlespeeder was just hilarious. Seeyou next year!

trail_rat
    Free Member

a fully rigid singlespeeder was just hilarious

wasnt that guy was it ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

and i give you your solo winner indulging in a bit of waxy sado machism at prize giving !

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Could be, he was a bit bloody quick for me to take in much detail!

trail_rat
    Free Member

“he was a bit bloody quick for me to take in much detail! “

wasnt me then 😀 – i was at a cadence of 1/2 going up that hill …. still quicker than walking though 😀 managed it every lap though – found it easier than the road climb to the final natual single track 🙁

radoggair
    Free Member

and i give you your solo winner indulging in a bit of waxy sado machism at prize giving !

Woteva girlfriend. The plan was to fend of those bloody midges with my new found heat source but all that really happened was i got my hands and arms covered in sticky red wax.

*must remember mosquito net next year*
    **if i do it next year**

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘10 @ kirroughtree’ is closed to new replies.