Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1 x 10 speed?
  • ianb2
    Free Member

I am looking to run my hardtail with a 1 x 10 setup. What is peoples experience – will I need a chain guide to stop the chain coming off or as it is a hardtail as long as I run a short(ish) chain it will run OK.
    If the advice is for a chain guide – any recommendations for a 10speed compatible one?

Cheers,
    Ian

takisawa2

The superstarcomponents one works great for £17. No problems setting up on my 10spd set-up, & not lost a chain yet. They do BB mount, & now a seat tube one, like the Paulscomponents one but 1/3 the price.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I run a 1×9 set up and use an N Gear Jump stop, an unramped ring and a bash guard on the outer. Also use a medium cage rear mech and run the chain as tight as possible. Rarely get a drop since i have it set up like this. Did get the odd drop when i used a geared chainring though.

njee20
    Free Member

Superstar guide here, never dropped the chain.

db

E Thirteen XCX Chain Guide here. Tried 1×9 at Cannock this AM. Was nice but dropped the chain lots! Really ruined a nice dusty ride. Went to the bike shop and bought the XCX, fitted it and did another lap of Dog/Monkey – was great!

but guess Superstar does the same for £20 less

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

020 by bluerichiepig, on Flickr

Hadge
    Free Member

The Superstar quide will work perfect with a hardtail or FS with travel of 100mm, as will the MRP version too. I run the Lopes MRP on my Turner 5 Spot and it’s been superb

auricgoldfinger

Another vote for the MRP lopes SL chain device. Use it on my trail bike and is superb, never dropped a chain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 speed?’ is closed to new replies.