Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • ?"I honestly think I'm ok…"
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

No you are all mental, far too talented and have the ability to survive crashes that would kill the average cyclist and probably several bystanders for good measure… (not that I’m jealous in any way shape or form obviously)

Here is the video from Rampage of Cam Zink bailing out on a 80 foot gap jump. The gap might be huge and the eject rather spectacular but the run in to the gap itself is pretty insane…

Cam Zink 80ft gap eject head cam video.

senorj

crikey!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How is his body not shattered after that impact? Astonishing.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I knew he was a cyborg!

It felt pretty tense watching that waiting for the bail, I winced at each drop. People end up in wheelchairs for far less.

I Zink he haz been lucky, no?

leffeboy

Ooo, been waiting for some hedcam footage. The way he survived that was beyond belief

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGWsQbyOwM[/video]

(Not actual Footage…)

wwaswas

Love the way he sas hello to his mates before dropping in to the ramp. Just another day at the office.

Watched full screen and, frankly, I’d have been walking pretty much all of that.

organic355
    Free Member

is there alternate footage of that from the ground?

Jamie
    Free Member

“hey bros!”

Awesome.

is there alternate footage of that from the ground?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNI-51j008[/video]

*parp*

prezet
    Free Member

Jesus, even the drops off the side of the run scare the crap out of me!

Klunk
    Free Member

I thought it was kind of strange that some of the riders don’t really enjoy doing it, I can see why now.

ononeorange

Watching this I realise what an abysmal rider I truly am!

Remarkable.

prezet
    Free Member

I think Fairclough was slightly relieved he was out in qualifiers – his gap jump he built looked insane. Hw was posting on Twitter that it might not have been such a good idea 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

didn’t Gee turn down the chance of another run last year ? It’s OK I’ll take third.

nbt

*parp*

rocketman
    Free Member

‘kin hell 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Amazing.
    Really does make you wince!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yikes!

ART

Utterly bonkers… 😯 !!!! watched some of the live coverage, they have balls of the proverbial. From the headcam it feels like he’s gonna drop in the canyon.. but that second clip shows the true height he fell… crazy.

Love the way the dog runs to the rescue though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Man’s best friend. You would never get a cat doing that 8)

leffeboy

That view shows it much better than some of the official footage. Insane beyond belief. It makes me a little ill just to watch

bigyinn
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Man’s best friend. You would never get a cat doing that
    True, the cat moved the landing whilst he was in mid air.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s cos cats are way too cool, whereas dogs are baw licking subservients.

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s cos cats are way too cool, whereas dogs are baw licking subservients.

Heh…

DezB
    Free Member

I wanna see the dog! But I can’t watch it again!

wwaswas

given how unpredictable dogs are (see Tour de France crashes from previosu years) I’m surprised it was just left roaming free range like that with bicycles and people falling out of the sky so close.

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

:O

He’s not wearing gloves

binners

The cat might be moderately concerned if it were his ‘owner’* falling out of a cloud. As it could now be potentially faced with the problem of who would buy his next load of Whiskers

* The term ‘owner’ is used figuratively in this instance, and in no way denotes who is actually the boss in the relationship

Klunk
    Free Member

The cat might be moderately concerned if it were his ‘owner’ falling out of a cloud. As it could now be potentially faced with the problem of who would buy his next load of Whiskers

tsk! what rubbish, he already has a host of old ladies that feed him regularly.

thepurist

@Binners – you can own a dog. You can only ever feed a cat.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The biggest bit of skill that he showed there was the yway he ditched the bike and kept himself in a reasonable position to protect his head and spine. Smaller gap jump may have killed him.

PiknMix
    Free Member

and here’s me researching full face helmets so I can attempt much bigger stuff…. (dust’s the hardtail off and finds XC lid)

ashfanman
    Free Member

You look back at the early Rampage vids and the stuff they’re attempting (and largely pulling off) now is just insane. The riders are more skilled (and perhaps crazy), and bike technology is improving all the time, but surely they can’t keep this rate of progression, with things getting bigger and more dangerous each year? The price of failure on most of these lines is already seriously high. Zink was very, very lucky to not break both legs – or worse.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

He’s not wearing gloves

Why do you think he bailed?

If he was wearing gloves he’d have nailed it. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

andrewrchambers – Member
    :O

He’s not wearing gloves

Doerfling forgot his sleeves!

mintimperial

Absolutely incredible, god knows how he managed to walk away from that. Insane.

The cat might be moderately concerned if it were his ‘owner’* falling out of a cloud.

Only if it looked like said owner might land on the cat. Besides, any sensible feline would be having a nice quiet kip in the shade well out of the way somewhere on the other side of the mountain.

packer
    Free Member

I think Fairclough was slightly relieved he was out in qualifiers – his gap jump he built looked insane

Anyone got a link to pics/vid of this?

zangolin
    Free Member

edit.

richmtb

That’s
    Just
    Mental

smiff
    Free Member

only when you see the headcam view do you realise it’s all just “nope, nope, no. ****. way. no. helicopter please!” all the way down for most people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘?"I honestly think I'm ok…"’ is closed to new replies.