• This topic has 30 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Zesty / Stumpjumper FSR / YETI ASR5 / Mojo SL my head hurts – HELP!
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Currently riding an Anthem X but fancy a chnage and something that feels a bit more special. Do a range of riding from local cross country to trail centres but no mega downhill stuff. Currently looking at

Zesty / Stumpjumper FSR / YETI ASR5 / Mojo SL

Which ones going to be best fun and most versatile most of the time

Oli

Painey
    Free Member

My mates have all of those bikes, none are anything but excellent but depends on so many things. Go and demo them and see how you get on, it’s the only way you’ll truly be able to make your mind up.

Have fun.

Toasty

Whichever one fits the best, the others will be rubbish. On an equally unrelated note, Zestys seem top value this year, depends what your budget/priorities are.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Probably around £3k

It will spend 50% of time doing local cross country and 50% at trail centres

neil853
    Free Member

none are anything but excellent but depends on so many things. Go and demo them and see how you get on, it’s the only way you’ll truly be able to make your mind up

^ this, there isn’t a bad bike amoungst those. I test rode some of those before I got my Blur LTc, I just prefered the ride of mine over the others, there wasn’t anything wrong wiht the ones I rode, just personal preference

olibluegoat
    Free Member

keep your thoughts coming

olibluegoat
    Free Member

anyone with any more views

faz083
    Free Member

you’ve got to try a few tbh. Some will feel right, some won’t. Zesty’s are nice though. You could get a 514 for that money.

turtleheading
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve AM.

you wont find a better spec for the money. I’m ordering one as soon as I get my credit card thru. 🙂

olibluegoat
    Free Member

great spec but is it a great ride?

jonnyrockymountain

New norco sight 2
    £2500 with fantastic spec for the money also getting fantastic reviews

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Which ones going to be best fun and most versatile most of the time

The most versatile one will be entirely dependent on set-up. The most fun one will be dependent on your personal preference.

brianh
    Free Member

I ride similar trails to you on my Stumpy Elite FSR 2009 – a great all rounder and has never let me down, however I am looking for something new and testing a Yeti ASR5 on Sunday. Great reviews but at a price. Will let you know how it compares.

Best advice is to try as many as you can as it boils down to what works for you.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

would be really good to hear your thoughts. Hopefully getting out on a mojo and an asr5 next weekend

Cant find anywhere with a stumpjumper carbon or a decenty zesty to try out yet

faz083
    Free Member

Evans have both? just give them a ring for a free test ride.

proberts
    Free Member

I had a 514 zesty 2011, spotted an ex-demo pesto Mojo and sold the zesty ASAP to get it. Very happy I did!!

olibluegoat
    Free Member

How does the mojo ride compared to the zesty

proberts
    Free Member

I prefer the Mojo for all sorts of reasons (some quite shallow!) but it’s all about your personal preference.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Does it ride better / more fun

Rickos
    Free Member

Not sure you’ll get a comparable spec on the Yeti or Mojo compared to the Zesty or Stumpy for your £3000.

For me (Stumpy EVO owner) it would be the Zesty or Stumpy but I’d add the Norco Sight to that list. Great looking geometry and a very good spec for the money.

proberts
    Free Member

Yeah it is more fun, it feels like a better fit for me too…I’m 6ft and ride a L….like a few others have said the Norco is getting good reviews and is well specced, you’d have £500 to upgrade the wheelset too!

olibluegoat
    Free Member

I too ma 6ft and the large seems spot on. Havent thought about trying the norco. Doesn’t look as good as the mojo

proberts
    Free Member

The Norco is nice looking but the Mojo is a thing of beauty in my opinion. Its quite rare to see another one aswell which is a bonus!…the Norcos will be everywhere in a few months

olibluegoat
    Free Member

My heart is saying Mojo. I have found a cracking deal on a new one as well – one of the special blends

Just want to try the ar5 to make sure i’m not missing a trick on it

How does the mojo handle xc

Want a bike that can handle both xc and trail centres

brianh
    Free Member

Just back from a test ride on Yeti ASR5 – better climber than my Stumpy and very fast on the downs. A great all round bike it seems. To be fair any down side was more to do with me than the bike – gears took a bit of getting used to, slightly wider bars made it feel like I had a bit less control on tight bits but probably I just needed a bit more time on the bike.
    Aiming to try a 575 next and a new Stumpjumper. The Mojo is also looking real good but v expensive! Gotta get the right deal – not sure on how much the dealers will move on price?

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Try looking at the mojo special blends. You can get them for around £2500 complete build

brianh
    Free Member

Thanks olibluegoat – sounds like a good deal and I was not aware of the ‘special blend’

dekadanse
    Free Member

I love the current Stumpy (I have an Evo) and it rides beautifully, far better than the 08/09 version, and is capable of anything…..but the Mojo is something else. So stiff, and light enough to do XC, marathon, as well as more demanding stuff. Very versatile but hardcore when you need it. To me, this is a better all-rounder than a Stumpy, a Zesty or even perhaps a Blur LT.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Trying a mojo out hopefully at the weekend and i think and oder will be placed 🙂

lungman

I gave a Mojo hd 140, beautiful bike to look at and a Joy to ride. Longer distance xc low worries and just playing about once I got over the carbon is fragile rubbish is great. Really glad I’ve got one.

hora
    Free Member

If I had any money I’d buy the Stumpjumper EVO. Nothing else.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Zesty / Stumpjumper FSR / YETI ASR5 / Mojo SL my head hurts – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.